Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
IRR II GROUP 5 PICTURES - "THREADS ACROSS THE OCEAN" >

IRR II GROUP 5 PICTURES - "THREADS ACROSS THE OCEAN"

IRR II GROUP 5 PICTURES - "THREADS ACROSS THE OCEAN"

Old 11-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Power Poster

It does seem to take an exceptionally long time for the post office between USA and Canada..although I had NO idea it was 4/5 weeks! I encourage you all to ship these parcels Priority...it will go quicker. I'm still really hoping that Gwyn's center gets to you Kendra...I bet it is already talking to you...its just not close enough for you to quite hear it yet.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:14 AM

I sent you a second center just in case the whole thing is lost. It is a panel Klue gave to me. It features a Japanese woman in a peach colored kimono. It also has some branches with flowers in shades of pink. It is very pretty and gives you lots to work with. I sent it on Wednesday so I'm hoping it gets there quickly, but I'm not betting on anything. Just hoping...
Gwyn
Old 11-21-2009, 12:16 AM

K: I forgot to add that I tried to get it square, but did it rather quickly so I could get to the post office before class. If it needs squaring, feel free. Getting things perfectly square is really hard because I honestly can't see all the markings on my straight edge. Gwyn
Old 11-21-2009, 05:36 AM
Power Poster

Gwyn, here is hoping that your real center is there in the next day or so and that this one isn't even needed...but it good I think that you sent it on. It might just spur the other one to hurry up...It will feel all left out if the Japanese lady passes it! :D
Old 11-21-2009, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Originally Posted by KGoodhand
Okay how are we doing ladies!!!???
It has been a while since we have done anything!
Gywn - I still do not have a center from you - but I check each day! I will make sure you know as soon as I get it! It just better talk fast when it gets here!!!! :lol:
How is everyone else making out with the centers they received!!!???
We now have info to the fact that post between Canada and America can take up to 4/5 weeks, so please be aware that this is no ones fault it is out of our hands.

Yes lets hope its a fast talking babe. LOL Elle
Now normally it does not take that long. Although I guess it depends on how it was sent! I received my Secret Santa on Friday the 20th and it was mailed on the 13th. Now it was sent Priority. It also depends on how long Customs decides to hang on to it! If we put fabric pieces and keep the value under $20 it should be fine! The other thing - DO NOT INSURE IT!! The person receiving it will have to pay a duty tax on it!
I am hoping to see your original center this week Gywn!
Old 11-21-2009, 09:58 AM

Me too! I'll have a celebration if it does! Fat Quarters for everyone in our group. Gwyn
Old 11-22-2009, 08:26 AM

I have very quickly gone through all of the IRR threads this morning. What Beautiful work is being done here. We should all be very proud of ourselves. Great job ladies.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:56 AM

I just want to say that I am more than surprised that someone thought they were being affected so much that they had to complain about something. I really don't understand it.

I'm looking forward to seeing all the rounds. :D
Old 11-23-2009, 07:19 AM

I'm so sorry there has been drama! I thought I would be the one causing it, since I forgot the due date was Dec. 1st. I'm glad someone reminded me! Can someone pm me our new point person's email? I deleted in. Ah, so much for being organized... Good thing I'm creative! Lol!
Old 11-23-2009, 01:01 PM

Just wanted to let you all know that Gywn's second center has arrived!
I have not yet seen the first one but hopefully it will still turn up, either here or back with you Gywn!
Well I have a few Asian fabrics but may need to use this as an excuse to go shopping! I will let it speak to me as quickly as I can so I will try to still make the Dec 1st date for the next shipping!

Here is Gywn's center
[ATTACH=CONFIG]55626[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-55626.jpe