Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group >

Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group

Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group

Old 03-21-2016, 06:08 AM

PLEASE be sure to post names along with the blocks when you post pix. I cannot remember everyone's fabrics yet and with Moonrise and moonwork and quilt addict, quiltermomma and annaquilts, the names are just similar enough to cause me terrific confusion. Thanks everyone!

Beautiful blocks!!!
Old 03-21-2016, 09:22 AM

We have to keep you on your toes right?
Old 03-21-2016, 10:15 AM

Lol, QM, not that way! Labels on pix are VERY helpful. Also, if everyone can crop the backgrounds, then I won't have to. It also helps keep the size down.

What's keeping me on my toes today is the bleeping internet connection. Sooooo glad (NOT) I switched a year ago. It works for half a minute or maybe 30 then it goes down. I try to pull pix off this site and halfway through I lose the connection and I have to restart. I'm beginning to think it might be the modem and/or signal booster though so I'll try rebooting them.

And, oh, I think I just foolishly handled poison oak with my ungloved hands. In between frustrating troubles with the internet, I decided to pull a few little weeds. As I was pulling from beneath an azalea, I saw a little vine and thought to myself, oooh, that's pretty, it looks like little oak leaves. I stood up and bam! It hit me. Good heavens. So I raced inside, washed my hands several times and now I'm waiting it out. My next stop after I type this is google to see if poison oak grows in this part of GA. How would you like to guess the answer is "yes"?

Edited to add: the unfortunate answer is yes, poison oak grows all over GA. Nice...

QUOTE=QuilterMomma;7500532]We have to keep you on your toes right?[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Janice McC; 03-21-2016 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:18 AM
Power Poster

Lol, QM, not that way! Labels on pix are VERY helpful. Also, if everyone can crop the backgrounds, then I won't have to. It also helps keep the size down. - Janice

So sorry. I will not post till I got the label issues resolved. My hand writing is impossible so I will need my kids to make me a list of people's names and print them out very large. As for the cutting the picture, no idea on how to do it.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:31 AM

Here's 2 today for AnnaQuilts. They are: Faceted and Modern Block. Hope you like them. The pics look like blue, but I promise they're grey. That second one is a deep orange, not red.
Attached Thumbnails 101_0049-2-.jpg   101_0050-2-.jpg  
Old 03-21-2016, 12:03 PM

Libster great blocks.

janice sounds you are having one of my days. Have been stung by stinging nettle but never even seen or heard of poison oak. Sure hope the washing did the trick.

picked up my granddaughter and we stopped at the LQS to but a template for a block I have been dying to try. Then we toured an old huge historic cemetery. It was so interesting and she enjoyed it as much as me.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:04 PM

Sorry, I may have been unclear. You don't need to put a label ON the picture, just put the persons name WITH the block. A couple of people do label pix, and that's nice, but just make sure when you post you tell us whose block it is. Thanks! Sorry if I caused confusion.

As as for cropping, you don't have to do it but if you know how, please do. Not a biggie.
Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
Lol, QM, not that way! Labels on pix are VERY helpful. Also, if everyone can crop the backgrounds, then I won't have to. It also helps keep the size down. - Janice

So sorry. I will not post till I got the label issues resolved. My hand writing is impossible so I will need my kids to make me a list of people's names and print them out very large. As for the cutting the picture, no idea on how to do it.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Libster great blocks.

janice sounds you are having one of my days. Have been stung by stinging nettle but never even seen or heard of poison oak. Sure hope the washing did the trick.

picked up my granddaughter and we stopped at the LQS to but a template for a block I have been dying to try. Then we toured an old huge historic cemetery. It was so interesting and she enjoyed it as much as me.

Thank you, Terri. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only person who enjoys an old cemetary. I could go to Southport and spend all day long. (with enough mosquito repellent) And you don't want to experience poison oak. Blisters, intense itching, pure misery. Bad stuff. Janice, I hope you got it washed off in time.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:01 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Here's 2 today for AnnaQuilts. They are: Faceted and Modern Block. Hope you like them. The pics look like blue, but I promise they're grey. That second one is a deep orange, not red.
Woohoo! Love them. I know about the colors showing up blue or red. I had the same problem when posting examples. Thank you so much for making these blocks. They are perfect for the quilt.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:35 PM

Here's the rest for this group, hope you ladies like them.

Billi- memory blocks 11[ATTACH=CONFIG]545569[/ATTACH] Kass - hourglass 11[ATTACH=CONFIG]545570[/ATTACH] nanakathy- herm's shirt[ATTACH=CONFIG]545571[/ATTACH] libster- great blue heron, my sample only had the gray, red and a little bit of green[ATTACH=CONFIG]545572[/ATTACH] joanlizbay- free trade[ATTACH=CONFIG]545573[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg   002.jpg   003.jpg   004.jpg   005.jpg