Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA >

CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA

CHRISTMAS CLUB IDEA

Old 08-21-2010, 01:58 PM
Google Goddess

cute Dotty
Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
Here are some little pocketbook ornaments I made from felt and scraps. They measure about 4 x 4 1/2 ". Hold a small treat or a gift card too. Teenagers like to make them for their friends.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:23 PM

Dotty - those are really cute. Great idea!

One for small children or babies - a patchwork ball, English paper-pieced. I've done a couple and kids love them. I also think that a few smaller ones in a more adult color scheme would look really cool for home decor - if you know anyone who would be into something like that - that might be a possible gift idea.

Instructions are here:
http://blog.burdafashion.com/bumo_en...patchwork-ball
Old 08-21-2010, 06:28 PM

The old gray mare .

Thanks for that great site
Old 08-22-2010, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
Here are some little pocketbook ornaments I made from felt and scraps. They measure about 4 x 4 1/2 ". Hold a small treat or a gift card too. Teenagers like to make them for their friends.
The pocketbooks are very cute. Thanks for the idea.

Do all of you know that you can copy text and pictures of the ideas you like that you see here? To copy only a picture (on a PC): Right-click in the picture. Click Save Picture As. A dialog box opens up. Change the File Name if you want. Notice where it will be saved and change that location if you want to. Click Save.

To copy text and pictures: Select (highlight) what you want to copy by dragging over it. Press Ctrl+C on the keyboard (or right-click in the text and click Copy). Open your word processing program (I use Microsoft Word). Press Ctrl+V on the keyboard (or right-click and click Paste). Save the file.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:50 AM

http://kiddley.com/2006/12/19/gumdrop-wreath/

No, this isn't sewn or quilted, but it waas so darling I just had to tell y'all. This is the sweetest gumdrop wreath for Christmas!
Old 08-22-2010, 10:10 AM

This is a Halloween Ribbon Wreath, but could just as easily be made with Christmas colors. And so easy!
http://thelongthread.com/?p=1310
Old 08-22-2010, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by theoldgraymare

No, this isn't sewn or quilted, but it waas so darling I just had to tell y'all. This is the sweetest gumdrop wreath for Christmas!
Very cute. The only problem I see would be having to buy twice as many as the directions call for. I know my two Gkids would eat as many or more than they would put on the wreath :wink:
Old 08-22-2010, 11:29 AM

Very cute. The only problem I see would be having to buy twice as many as the directions call for. I know my two Gkids would eat as many or more than they would put on the wreath :wink:[/quote]

Exactly what I thought when I saw it. figured I would have to buy a lot of extra gumdrops to fill in the holes left when people, not just kids I bet, helped themselves!
Old 08-22-2010, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by hoppyfrog

Very cute. The only problem I see would be having to buy twice as many as the directions call for. I know my two Gkids would eat as many or more than they would put on the wreath :wink:
You just brought many memories for me ! We used to make these at christmas time when I was growing up. We also made trees out the styrofoam cones. They were a gift to the teacher many times. It was inexpensive and a gift that we could make ourselves.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by lisainmo
Originally Posted by hoppyfrog

You just brought many memories for me ! We used to make these at christmas time when I was growing up. We also made trees out the styrofoam cones. They were a gift to the teacher many times. It was inexpensive and a gift that we could make ourselves.

Yes, me too. Mama used to make wreaths by tying cellophane-wrapped hard candies to a wreath made from an old metal clotheshangar. Oh lord, I miss her.