fleas

Old 07-10-2011, 06:12 PM

He'll get over it when he isn't itching and scrathing anymore. Poor thing!!!
Old 07-11-2011, 03:20 AM
Swap Hosts

My two just hate baths, but they've come to endure it. The puggle immediately goes outside and tries to find some stink to roll in. But at least no fleas!
Old 07-11-2011, 04:21 AM

Sometimes it is difficult to do the right thing. Fleas are not fun.
I had to put flea powder behind the sofa where she (Nakia-the dog) slept when it was hot.
That is what kept the bugs away.
Good luck with yours.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:23 AM

Poor puppy. Maybe she would like a new chew toy!
Old 07-11-2011, 06:42 AM

mine is leary about going out the back door since she is often sprayed with Off, which she hates, to keep off the mosquitoes (warnings of new type of heartworm disease plus WestNile in our area) -- but sometimes she forgets and dashes out
Old 07-11-2011, 06:54 AM
Banned

Oh dont even get me started on fleas! We have 4 dogs (2 poms, a Irish setter mix, and a Lab mix puppy) and the fleas are worse this year than they have ever been. This is the only thing I can find that works for us and we have yet to see the first flea in our home since this spring.

#1 spray your yard with Ortho Max bug killer. You can get it already ready to hook to the hose and spray or you can put it in a sprayer and use it that way. Treat your yard twice in one month and then every 3 months afterwards. I even spray my next door neighbors yard for him so that he and I both will not have bugs or fleas.

#2 Around here Frontline fertilizes our fleas and makes them mean as a snake! We use the Comfortis that you give the dogs once a month. It is like a Capstar pill but will kill all of the fleas for 30 days.

#3 Dawn is killer for killing fleas and getting the ones that are dead and dying off of the puppy but I use my wifes body wash. :lol: I think it is Suave or something but they smell like cranberry mellon after wards and are happy little campers!

But around here the fleas are mutant fleas and this is the only scenario that I can find that works for us. I feel so sorry for the Lab behind us because he is eaten up with them and the owners just do not do anything with him.

Billy
Old 07-11-2011, 06:59 AM
Power Poster

Is there an invisible flea, or do you see all fleas?
Old 07-11-2011, 07:35 AM
Banned

I imagine that you can have some really small ones but they are all visible.

Billy
Old 07-11-2011, 07:54 AM

I used a product for years called Hop Off. It was basically a strong beef broth with lots of garlic mixed it; you put a couple of teaspoons on the dog's food each night. He loved it and the fleas stayed away... We were told it worked because it made the dog's skin taste like garlic and fleas don't like the taste or smell.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by raedar63
You have to be careful with the front line ,if you read the fine print the dog can not have a bath 3 days before or after the application. I used frontline for years didn't seem to help my hound much. I swiched to comfortis ,it is wonderful for the hound but the bulldog throws it up :(
I started today adding cider vinegar to the water, they drank it fine, I read it somewhere that it works, I sure hope so .
Comfortis saved us. We had them awful last year. Had to hide in cheese but the yorkie & 2 Rotties will take it with no problems.