Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
One Day Prayer Quilt >

One Day Prayer Quilt

One Day Prayer Quilt

Old 08-06-2011, 05:37 PM

How awesome of you to do this. That is truly an act of kindness and caring. I will pray for them, I certainly believe in the power of prayer!! God Bless You!!!
Old 08-06-2011, 05:44 PM

Your kindness has made a world of difference to those two people. Rooster's dad must have been lonely, and now what you did will make him feel so very loved and his lady friend also. Plus you have managed to touch the soul of all those who prayed and signed that quilt for Rooster's dad. You have showed them all a way to make the world alittle less lonely for all of us. Thank you!

Kat ( a dog lover also)
Old 08-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Power Poster

What a geneous gesture.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:01 PM

That is such a wonderful thing to do. Bravo!!!
Old 08-06-2011, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
My husband and I - and our two dogs - go to a seaside dog park almost every day. You meet people. Chat. Rarely do we know anyone's proper name except for "Fido's Mother" or "Sparky's Dad". But somehow we learned one man's name and soon learned that he is battling with brain cancer. He is "Rooster's Dad" and Rooster is a husky-type wolfish looking pup.

When my husband came home from the park yesterday afternoon and asked if I had extra jam because Rooster's Dad mentioned he liked it, I said sure. And then my eyes fell on some left over fabric. I started cutting and sewing and quilting and today it was done. We brought it to the park with a permanent marker and asked people to sign it and pray. At first they were a little confused, but then they really filled up a little muslin square on the back. The amazing thing was that as each person came to sign it, he or she got quiet and touched the quilt tenderly. You could tell they were praying.

Rooster's Dad, aka Roberto, wasn't there today, but his girl friend was. She had tears in her eyes when she saw it. She told us that they had just moved here from the city a couple of years ago and Roberto complained that he had no friends here but, she said, the dog park saved his sanity. It was a place where he was sociable, where he was happy.

I don't really know Rooster's Dad, but it doesn't matter. Prayer and kindness cross all boundaries and this little quilt brought all of us closer together.
This is so sweet. I love hearing (seeing) stories like this. Thank you so much for sharing. I know Rooster's Dad will love that quilt forever.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Power Poster

Awwww (((HUGS))) You are a quilt angel! Roberto will treasure this quilt (((HUGS)))
Old 08-06-2011, 06:18 PM

What a beautiful story and beautiful thing to do, brought a tear to my eye. Love this quilt and Rooster is too cute! :-D
Old 08-06-2011, 06:24 PM

Very touching story..will pray...
Old 08-06-2011, 06:28 PM

That is the nicest thing you have done!! I am praying for Rooster's owner too! He will love that quilt and I am so glad he has found friends at the dog park. And thank you for being so kind and thoughtful!
Old 08-06-2011, 06:58 PM

Oh my gosh, that brought tears to my eyes..what a very sweet thing to do, God bless you and your friends at the dog park, and the furry friends too, they so much help those that are going through difficulties. What an inspiration, thank you for sharing! And I so believe prayer changes things! :)