Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
stupid thoughts for late at night... >

stupid thoughts for late at night...

stupid thoughts for late at night...

Old 10-04-2011, 11:16 PM

See --- should be in bed... sorry about the double post!
Old 10-04-2011, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dena789
Seems the most recent trend is giving first names that sound like last names... like McKenzie - that's the only one I can think of cuz my brain is sleeping, like I should be!
Hm, yeah, and I don't like some of them. Here are some more:

Madison
Bailey
Sawyer
Saylor
Taylor
Schuyler
Old 10-04-2011, 11:54 PM

My mother had twins in 1966. For a while there was a question as to whether or not there would be three new babies. My mother had planned to name them Carla Kay, Marla Mae and Darla Day. Fortunately there were only two of them and they ended up to be Carla Sue and Darla Lou, lol! And yes, they are identical.

My son likes the word brindle as in "The pretty brindle pony". When he and his girlfriend chose their baby's name they wanted to call her Brindle but didn't want people to think about it as the name of a color so they changed the spelling to Brendlle. Go figure!
Old 10-05-2011, 03:19 AM

A million years ago when I'd only been married for a few months I lived next door to a family who had boy-girl twins named Danny Lee and Dannilee.....
Not a tongue twister as some of the names above but I always wondered how the twins would know who was being called??
Old 10-05-2011, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by Lisanne
Originally Posted by Dena789
Seems the most recent trend is giving first names that sound like last names... like McKenzie - that's the only one I can think of cuz my brain is sleeping, like I should be!
Hm, yeah, and I don't like some of them. Here are some more:

Madison
Bailey
Sawyer
Saylor
Taylor
Schuyler

yes, I hate those kind of names - sound like last names AND you can't tell if it's a girl or boy.

I call them "dead president" names
MacKinley
Tyler
Taylor
Madison
etc...

Bailey always makes me think of a big black Lab my uncle had by that name. But them Luke makes me think of a basset hound across the street.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:37 AM

I sometimes wonder what my MIL was thinking, she named her oldest, Ricky and my hubby, Robie, (really said Robbie). Not bad names when they were kids, but seems odd as 50+ year old men.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by redvette54
I sometimes wonder what my MIL was thinking, she named her oldest, Ricky and my hubby, Robie, (really said Robbie). Not bad names when they were kids, but seems odd as 50+ year old men.
I knew a man who got the nickname "Tookie" as a kid and it stuck with him his whole life.

Also in my DH's family there were 3 generations of "John"s - when the 4th came along they started calling him John-John - I predicted it would not last beyond his first school days, I was right. He is back to being John.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:40 AM

Remember the "First Lady of Texas" Ima Hogg and she had brothers with similar names.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:23 AM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

Yikes!! I can't believe what parents do to their children. We had an elementary school teacher in our town named Alan Allen, my DH knew twins named Itchy & Scratchy (yes, on their birth certificates!) and my neighbor had four sons named Larry, Gary Terry & Jerry.

Go back to sleep, Nan... dream quilt fabric!
Old 10-05-2011, 04:30 AM

Okay, just had to jump in here. Peter Trinkle..Seriously... Even worse, and this is true- Twin girls born in Virginia Beach, named Seph-il-E-ous and Gen-AR-ia. Say it out loud....Guess mama read the female sexual health brochures....LOLOL