Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Jennifer Chiaverini Books >

Jennifer Chiaverini Books

Jennifer Chiaverini Books

Old 08-06-2014, 03:48 AM

I am a Chiaverini fan and you can read the out of order. They can stand alone. I have also read them in order too. I just finished one of her newer civil war era books Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker. I do miss the folks from the Elm Creek Quilt Club but I understand the author may need to stretch a little also. Read an enjoy! At you library on online look for the list of her books in order if you wish and read on. I actually learned a lot about quilting techniques from them or at least was exposed to the concepts.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
I've only read the first one, The Quilters Apprentice but a couple people advised me to read in order.
I have read every book of hers and yes, I read them in order according to date. After a while, they become part of your family - trust me, it's true. Also "Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker" and "Mrs. Lincoln's Rival" are out and are excellent books. I learned a lot from them. After I read Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker, I read about Elizabeth Keckley and learned more history than I thought I knew. I also just found out that in 2015, Jennifer Chiaverini has a new book coming out "Mrs. Grant". That should be a good one also. It is historical fiction and I love historical fiction.

For what it is worth there is another set of five books, so far, by Marie Bostwick. They are the Cobblestone Quilt Shop series. Those, also, become part of your family.

Any of you that know my way of doing things know that I listen to audiobooks while I sew. Just a little addition here.....I am embroidering a Christmas quilt (have been working on it for four years off and on) and I am listening to "Defending Jacob". It is really a good book. I am on the last disc now and am so into the book that I have sewed more than I thought I had. (There is some severe swearing in it - which as anyone knows does not do well with me.) If I can slide past the words, it is a gripping novel and the voice of the narrator reads the book so well, it is like I am in on all the conversations. I think that is what I like about listening to books rather than reading them. I can do my sewing and be anywhere the book has taken me.

My next set of books to read are William Kent Krueger novels - from first book to last. He is from St. Paul, Mn and wrote several of his books in a restaurant that is not far from where I live. He writes detective stories that take place in northern northern Minnesota (that is the coldest part of Mn.) If any of you know of other books that are in the same genre (continuation) I would love to hear of them.

Enjoy Jennifer - she is my favorite - besides, if I am not mistaken she lives in Madison, Wisconsin. Not far from St. Paul, Mn!!!!! My aunt lived there.

Enjoy the day. Edie
Old 08-06-2014, 03:53 AM

Oh, I so enjoy the Cobblestone Quilt series by Bostwick. I keep waiting for more and more and more. Isn't is amazing how these fictional characters become our friends. I listen to books when driving long distances, sewing, drifting off to sleep and when cleaning. They are my companions frequently during my week.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:02 AM

In addition to Kwilter's link above, this is the site I use for author or genre
http://www.stopyourekillingme.com/index.html

excellent resource for any mystery buffs
Old 08-06-2014, 04:48 AM

I have read most of them - and keep getting off track, like the ones about the Civil war, and Mrs Lincolns dressmaker. Did she ever write one and tell what Sarah's twins were? boy? girl? 2 boys? 2 girls? names?
Old 08-06-2014, 05:01 AM

IK read most of her books and I would say the first one is important as those people and their backgrounds are the beginning of the series I live in a very small town and my library had most all of them the few that I did purchase I got off ebay very reasonable priced read and enjoy
Old 08-06-2014, 05:31 AM

I've read them and gone to her book signings. Your experience would be so much better to read the series in order. I tried to get on her website to give you a list, but it wouldn't open today.

Her books are just great light reading...her characters develop nicely and you would miss a lot by not starting from book one. See if you are able to download ebooks from the library. Our library has all of them.

Enjoy!
Old 08-06-2014, 05:55 AM

Where did Sylvia's Bridal Sampler fit in the books? I thought there was a book by that title, but I didn't see it in the list.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
In addition to Kwilter's link above, this is the site I use for author or genre
http://www.stopyourekillingme.com/index.html

excellent resource for any mystery buffs
Thanks for the link!!!
Old 08-06-2014, 06:24 AM

Loved this series, I was very addicted-yes I would advise to read in order. Enjoy.