Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome at Joanns? >

Janome at Joanns?

Janome at Joanns?

Old 09-02-2014, 12:18 PM

I have a Viking that I bought at a Husqvarna dealer, which happens to lease space from Joann's. They service my machines and I have never had a problem. Maybe that is what is happening at your Joann's..
Old 09-02-2014, 07:32 PM

I bought a Viking Sapphire at Joann's and I did not get the proper education I would have gotten at a quilt shop dealer. I have been sad I purchased it at Joann's. I went for 2 days of instruction and most of the other new machine owners were there with a Singer. The instructor was not very helpful to me and as a result I am not getting the most of my machine. I do go online and I read the book....disappointing for me. I have no idea what it is like in other areas but I made a big mistake. I wish I had bought a Janome at an authorized dealer closer to home! Live and learn.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:23 PM

The economist, Thorstein Veblen, posited a theory about "conspicuous consumption." If you have ever seen the British Comedy, "Keeping Up Appearances," you get a bird's eye view of what he wrote about. Until this minute, I have never thought about buying a sewing machine for the prestige of owning it--except for Featherweights, of course. I don't have one and can't really imagine why anyone wants one except that they seem to be status symbols. Please note, however, that I am driving an eight year old car with 141,000 miles on it, all of them put there by me since I drove it off the showroom floor when it was new. That is probably evidence of some kind of abnormality. froggyintexas

"
Originally Posted by charlottequilts View Post
I have a Viking and haven't been too thrilled to see them at JoAnn's. It doesn't add to the prestige of any brand, IMO.

Since Viking became SVP, you'd think JoAnn would have Pfaff.

Hugs,
Charlotte