Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
chenille white tiger >

chenille white tiger

chenille white tiger

Old 04-25-2021, 10:24 AM

Yes, It can be boring but the end product is so worth it. Love, love your tiger. I have made many in the past, all with flannel, with a lap quilt being the largest and the usual being baby quilts. I, too, used 3-4 layers but only used a panel once. They just get softer and fluffier with each washing!
Old 04-25-2021, 11:28 AM

This came out so pretty! I started one, thankfully it was small - bc when I was cutting the layers, I somehow caught the back. That took care of that... Sewing and cutting the layers does get tedious. Your grandson will love this. So snuggly.
Old 04-25-2021, 11:54 AM

Default Chenille white tiger

Originally Posted by cat-on-a-mac View Post
I've had a chenille cutter tool sitting on my sewing desk for a long time, and never used it. For some reason, I got inspired to try it, and here's what I came up with. My 14-year old grandson has always loved cats, and I found this beautiful panel of a white tiger, so I will give this to him. I have very mixed emotions about this technique: I got extremely bored sewing all the parallel lines -- by the time I finished I was thinking "I'm never doing another one of these!". Then, using the tool to make all the slices was really fun! And the finished product is pretty cool.
I made a chenille quilt once but I had never heard of a chenille cutter so I cut every single row, and there were many, by hand with scissors. It literally took 6 weeks for the numbness to work out of my thumb. I have since purchased a chenille cutter but have never made another chenille quilt.
Old 04-26-2021, 07:33 PM

Your quilt is awesome. I have never done that and I really like the looks it makes. Great work!