Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Mug rug Elf Stocking >
  • Mug rug Elf Stocking

• Mug rug Elf Stocking

Old 11-14-2010, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sue Fish
    Originally Posted by Bobbinchick
    :-D :-D :-D :-D I used Sue Fish's stocking pattern, but I just added the curled toe and made a crown for it. I think it is so cute, but I will need to make it larger. Enjoy, Huggies, Fay
    Will you share your pattern?
    All I did was enlarge your pattern on my scanner and of course I could not get it to the size you have, but it is about an inch smaller than yours I think. Any way. I drew the top part of the stocking a little taller and then drew on a curled toe amd made the crown. Hold on I will scan your and mine and post it wiht instruction for mine. give me a few minutes ok??? Huggies, Fay
    Old 11-14-2010, 08:06 PM

:-D :-D :-D :-D I used Sue Fish's stocking pattern, but I just added the curled toe and made a crown for it. I think it is so cute, but I will need to make it larger. Enjoy, Huggies, Fay
    All I did was enlarge your pattern on my scanner and of course I could not get it to the size you have, but it is about an inch smaller than yours I think. Any way. I drew the top part of the stocking a little taller and then drew on a curled toe amd made the crown. Hold on I will scan your and mine and post it wiht instruction for mine. give me a few minutes ok??? Huggies, Fay

Ok I'm baaaacckk.. here are my instruction for making this stocking. First you will need two fabric for the stocking, cut out the stocking and one out a piece of batting. Then you will need 2 pieces of fabric for the crown. no batting in the crown. Cut out all pieces. Sew the crown and leave the top part open. Then sew the stocking together right sides together and the batting. Then trim around all the curve with a pair of pinking sheers and then turn it right side out. It is trcky to get the curled toe to come out so you can use a pin or somthing to get it out with being careful not to poke a hole in it. Then turn the crown right side out and poke out the little poines. Sew the crown on the wrong side of the stocking and then tun it to the front and top stitch with matching thread. If you want to use it for an ornament then just add a loop for hanging.. The first picture is Sue Fish'd stocking so you will see how I drew on the curled toe and then there are my picutres. Enjoy, huggies, Fay

This is Sue's stocking
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]126563[/ATTACH]

You can see how I dew the curled toe on and drew the stocking a little taller, the lines on it don't show where she drew on for the paper piecing
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]126564[/ATTACH]

THe crwon for the stocking
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]126565[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-126558.jpe   attachment-126559.jpe   attachment-126560.jpe  
    Old 11-15-2010, 02:41 AM
    Banned

ks a

Ok I'm baaaacckk.. here are my instruction for making this stocking. First you will need two fabric for the stocking, cut out the stocking and one out a piece of batting. Then you will need 2 pieces of fabric for the crown. no batting in the crown. Cut out all pieces. Sew the crown and leave the top part open. Then sew the stocking together right sides together and the batting. Then trim around all the curve with a pair of pinking sheers and then turn it right side out. It is trcky to get the curled toe to come out so you can use a pin or somthing to get it out with being careful not to poke a hole in it. Then turn the crown right side out and poke out the little poines. Sew the crown on the wrong side of the stocking and then tun it to the front and top stitch with matching thread. If you want to use it for an ornament then just add a loop for hanging.. The first picture is Sue Fish'd stocking so you will see how I drew on the curled toe and then there are my picutres. Enjoy, huggies, Fay
    Thanks a million!!
    Old 11-15-2010, 03:07 AM

How cute!
    Old 11-15-2010, 09:07 AM

Your very welcome. Huggies, Fay
    Old 11-15-2010, 09:08 AM

Awww that's so cute
    Old 11-15-2010, 12:26 PM

Very Cute!
    Old 11-15-2010, 12:26 PM

I just saw the patterns. Thank you so much!!
    Old 11-15-2010, 04:58 PM

This is ingenious. Love the colors.
    Old 11-15-2010, 07:23 PM

How creative !!