Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
frustraited! >

frustraited!

frustraited!

Old 12-02-2010, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
Here's an easy pillow case pattern. I made two of these in about 45 minutes.

http://www.conkerrcancer.org/pdf/hotdogmethod.pdf
That is the pillow case I have made and I know I sewed it right but I can't get it to turn back out all the way. I made the case and the end piece the same pink with navy color and the little strip was navy.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:30 PM

I made a bed pocket for my grandson and it was quick and easy. I would also listen to the gift card idea too.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:13 PM

So sorry that you have so much going on. Maybe you should get in contact with Toys for tots if you have that option in your state. Also you have the best tool to shop at and not leave your home....the internet. Lots of good deals out there right now. I wish you the best that things will work out and may God bless you.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:10 PM

[quote=mrspete]A lady at church had sometimes such as you have, and she made little swatches from the intended project and took Christmas Cards and put slits inside page on left and stuck those swatches through the slits. At the signature space she added IOU, God Willing. Now that spoke volumes to me.

This is the best idea yet! Think I'll copy it and use it when I need it! Wonderful.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I am a grandmother of 11. There comes a time in one's life that you have to cry uncle. This is that time for you. Grandchildren LOVE having gift cards. Even my littles one at 3 was thrilled to have a "credit card". The older ones get what they want rather than things from gramma. Go ahead with gift cards -- even if it's only mere dollars. Explain that you're overwhelmed right now. Trust me, it'll be freeing for you!
I pray things will get better for you!!!! That's a lot to try to handle right now!

{{{HUGE}}}

d
This year is also a bad one for me; the dog had ACL surgery and has to be kept away from stairs etc. My pocketbook took a big hit with that one. I have 6 grands, 3 of each. The boys are 19, 16, and 15 so they are getting $50 bills. Boys love cash. The girls are 6, 9, &12 and I had already finished the quilt for the middle one and started on the 12 year olds. So for the little one I just got some polar fleece in her favorite color (red) and used up some charms from a summer project for her and made a cute small blanket. The adults each got a Christmas table runner at Thanksgiving. Not too much else going on in the gift line before Christmas. I'll be lucky to get the decorations out.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:43 AM

Fleece double tied is quick and easy and incredible choices now.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:57 AM

Such great ideas!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Up North
How about little wallets with a couple dollars tucked in them. There are a lot of simple patterns if you do a google search. The little kids think they are in heaven to have a grown up wallet with money in it. I made my grandaughter a simple little purse no pattern and filled it with things from the dollar tree. Pretend cell phone, little makeup mirror, lip gloss.
Great idea! Nice looking purse too.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by starlite
I would gladly get gift cards if money allowed. The shortage of cash is why I sew from scraps I will try for smaller projects thank you for all the kind words. Jan
If they are older you could wrap up some fabrics and a choice of patterns so they can"pick" what they want you to make for them!
Old 12-03-2010, 05:30 AM

Heres a link for some cute Elf Slippers which you can probably mass produce pretty quick. Hope you like.

http://mayamade.blogspot.com/2009/01...-tutorial.html