Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
pincushion swap signup ends Aug 2nd, mail deadline Sept 15th, Please be sure to send thank yous. >

pincushion swap signup ends Aug 2nd, mail deadline Sept 15th, Please be sure to send thank yous.

pincushion swap signup ends Aug 2nd, mail deadline Sept 15th, Please be sure to send thank yous.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:33 AM

Glad you liked it. I forgot to take a picture, so whenever you can post a picture, I will be eternally greatful!!!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:51 PM

Sally's girl,

What do mean a tape measure bag? I see the bag in the background of your picture but dont' see a tape measure?

Is it inside?
Nettie
Old 09-14-2010, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Nettie
Sally's girl,

What do mean a tape measure bag? I see the bag in the background of your picture but dont' see a tape measure?

Is it inside?
Nettie
I think what she means is that she used pieces of a tape measure to make the closure on the bag. You squeeze a little on the ends to open the bag, and then let them go and it will snap shut.

I sent the pin cushion I made to Mbogenpohl today. She should get it either Thursday or Friday. Michelle, I forgot to take a picture of it, and can't post them anyway. Can you? Thanks, Janis
Old 09-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by barbsbus
I had a very nice surprise pincushion from RedGarnett222. It is made with a really cute frog that has a hat that comes off and you put a spool of thread inside it's body and put the thread through a hole in the top of the hat. It likes to sit on the arm of my favorite sewing chair. Thank you so much RedGarnett222
Your so welcome and Thanks so much again for running the swap. I am so glad you like it!

I just wanted to say everyone did such a nice job on thier pincushions. Each one so different and cute! I would join another one barbsbus.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
Originally Posted by barbsbus
I had a very nice surprise pincushion from RedGarnett222. It is made with a really cute frog that has a hat that comes off and you put a spool of thread inside it's body and put the thread through a hole in the top of the hat. It likes to sit on the arm of my favorite sewing chair. Thank you so much RedGarnett222
Your so welcome and Thanks so much again for running the swap. I am so glad you like it!

I just wanted to say everyone did such a nice job on thier pincushions. Each one so different and cute! I would join another one barbsbus.

In a couple days I will start another one. This was a lot of fun, I still need to hear from anyone who has not received a pincushion or had contact with their partner if it is going to be sent late. I have about 15 people's names without info if the pincushions were sent.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:10 PM

What's your next swap going to be?
Old 09-14-2010, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by ruacajun2
Ok - I got my pincushion packed and ready to be mailed your way Ms. Penny. Be on the look out. I hope you like it!!!
Hi Angie/ ruacajun2: Thanks so much for the "pretty in purple" pincushion and also the New Orleans souvenirs. Here's a pic of the cushion. I neglected to photograph the necklace and coins, but granddaughter is enjoying them!

My first swap, and anything that could go wrong, did. Hope you enjoy what I sent you. I kept a photo of it in case you want me to post it. Thanks for your patience! Penny in Kalamazoo
Attached Thumbnails attachment-108341.jpe   attachment-108342.jpe  
Old 09-14-2010, 08:20 PM

ruacajun2, this is a darling pincushion you made!
Old 09-14-2010, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by zjsquiltymomma
ruacajun2, this is a darling pincushion you made!
Thank you!
Old 09-15-2010, 08:13 AM

I got my pincushion from MishnJim yesterday. Mish, it is gorgeous. I have been seeing those around lately and thought they were pretty, too. Yours is on the way and I hope you like it. As soon as I get camera back from GS, I will post a pic. There have been alot of beautiful pincushions made and this has been such a wonderful swap, for my first time.