Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group >

Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group

Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group

Old 03-26-2016, 12:57 PM

Hi all
Just went to the gallery and saw everyones's blocks..wow great job all...and thanks for all my blocks
Wanted to wish ya'all a Happy Easter..
Old 03-26-2016, 01:07 PM

Just finished Terriamn's block. It started as a La Pass type square, but w/ changes. The butterflies were to large to fit in one pentagon, so I decided to combine two pentes and a skinny diamond, this made the piece big enough to fit the fussy cut butterflies in the space, but then I had an inward point that I didn't want to fuss w/ so I drew a whole new shape. For the large green points I combined the large diamond and the two star points, but then elongated the whole shape to form a bigger star. This is mostly hand pieced w/ epp, but several seams are also sewn by machine (where it made sense to do it)
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0791.jpg  
Old 03-26-2016, 02:03 PM

I like it Kassandra!! Here are two more for today...much easier than last nights blocks! I also was going thru my spare blocks that I have left over from previous booms....NO idea what to do with them because not enough of any of the fabric to make a quilt...I think I have 5-6 booms in there plus other blocks Ive made too many of.. What does everyone do with left over blocks that you cant fit into one quilt?

These 2 are for Quilter Momms..Had trouble picking out a pattern for dark blue Marvel fabric but like the way it came out!! 2 more to do for Moonrise then off to 3 month fabrics!'

I keep going back to the gallary and staring at the BEAUTIFUL orange blocks you have all made! I think its going to be VERY pretty....now to decide how to sash it!! Hardest part for me!!
Attached Thumbnails quiltermomma-1.jpg   quiltermomma2.jpg   extra-blocks.jpg  

Last edited by joanelizbay; 03-26-2016 at 02:05 PM.
Old 03-26-2016, 02:12 PM

Nice blocks Joan. Those marvel prints were / are challenging! Janice this is a bit of a spoiler, but does this frighten you?
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0792.jpg  
Old 03-26-2016, 03:24 PM

Kassaudra, another beauty. you certainly don't do anything half-way, do you? Love this, not that I understand exactly how you did it but I don't need to understand to appreciate it. Wow.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Just finished Terriamn's block. It started as a La Pass type square, but w/ changes. The butterflies were to large to fit in one pentagon, so I decided to combine two pentes and a skinny diamond, this made the piece big enough to fit the fussy cut butterflies in the space, but then I had an inward point that I didn't want to fuss w/ so I drew a whole new shape. For the large green points I combined the large diamond and the two star points, but then elongated the whole shape to form a bigger star. This is mostly hand pieced w/ epp, but several seams are also sewn by machine (where it made sense to do it)
Old 03-26-2016, 03:26 PM

With you at the helm? Not a bit!

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
... Janice this is a bit of a spoiler, but does this frighten you?
Old 03-26-2016, 04:54 PM

Finished the final 2 for moonrise. I just love your fabric...so easy to work with!! Sending some back to you I had left over!
Attached Thumbnails moonrise-2.jpg   moonrise-2-month.jpg  
Old 03-26-2016, 06:14 PM

Janice, finished yours tonight. I originally was going to do a snowflake, the print reminded me of cold grey winter winds. I had finally found a snowflake and was about to see if there was enough fabric, but I was concerned b/c it would have been so different from your other blocks (and I didn't really think there was enough fabric) so when you commented on how much you loved the block I made for Libster, how could I not make one for you. Hopefully the chartreuse will warm up those winter winds. Hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0793.jpg  
Old 03-26-2016, 06:42 PM

Good evening boomers

Wow what a beautiful collection of blocks everybody has brought their A game.....

Anna what are you going to do you had lots of green in your fabric for quiltermomma so what are ya gonna do? once she puts it with al of the other blocks it will loose it's christmas feel. I couldn't have used green if I wanted too there is none in my stash other than a few scraps I got no green nada I find that odd.

Kass you have gone off the reservation and they are all really wonderful bravo!

Terri I love the star you made for Joan she is going to have a beautiful quilt of stars and star like blocks. I was looking at a block very much like the one you made for someone else what size is your middle square?

Joan wow that all purple block for moonrise just pulls me in like them both but that one just pops out it's pretty awesome. Also Quiltermomma's star is great too.

If I missed a block or anybody I am sorry there are so many and they are all so wonderful I like them all.

Anyway I got up at O'dark thirty this morning and made one block before I started on my chores I just didn't have time to post it first because my just ten minutes on this site always turns into 90 or more

Libster this one is for you I like the way the colors play together. [ATTACH=CONFIG]546147[/ATTACH]

All of you ladies have a wonderful Easter I hope you all get to enjoy some time with family and friends.
Attached Thumbnails libster-dresden-plate.jpg  

Last edited by Billi; 03-26-2016 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Grammar is hard
Old 03-26-2016, 06:55 PM

WOW Billi...you did great! Love that one for Libster!!!