Fellow Ga Peaches

Old 04-10-2011, 01:09 PM

OK, here I am back. We lost internet and then were out of town so let's see if we can recap. I was thinking about trying to ask my LQS about a free meeting place on a Sat or Sun afternooon. That shop is in Decatur Ga, slightly east of Atlanta. Those of you coming from 4 or 5 hours away, would a weekend afternoon work?

If Macon is better, can Imaquilternga find a spot to meet?

I'm thinking we could try to do a get together in April or May to see how it goes and then maybe others, even rotating the place. I sure love the coast and the N Ga mountains and would love to go to Savannah or there abouts for a quilting get together.

I'll call the owner at my LQS tomorrow and get started on organizing this. :thumbup:
Old 04-10-2011, 04:03 PM

A weekend afternoon would be fine for me. I'd be coming from Savannah area. I'd prefer to go to Macon though. That would be a 2-1/2 hr drive as opposed to 4-5 hrs to Atlanta area.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:07 PM

sounds great. just let me know macon or decatur would work.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:19 PM

Decatur would be closer to me than Macon, but can't make it in on any weekend in April anyway. May would work and either place would be ok. Maybe another quilter coming from No. GA and I could carpool to Macon and share the cost.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dolly's sister
Decatur would be closer to me than Macon, but can't make it in on any weekend in April anyway. May would work and either place would be ok. Maybe another quilter coming from No. GA and I could carpool to Macon and share the cost.
I'm with you Sister on the carpool issue.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by greenini
OK, here I am back. We lost internet and then were out of town so let's see if we can recap. I was thinking about trying to ask my LQS about a free meeting place on a Sat or Sun afternooon. That shop is in Decatur Ga, slightly east of Atlanta. Those of you coming from 4 or 5 hours away, would a weekend afternoon work?

If Macon is better, can Imaquilternga find a spot to meet?

I'm thinking we could try to do a get together in April or May to see how it goes and then maybe others, even rotating the place. I sure love the coast and the N Ga mountains and would love to go to Savannah or there abouts for a quilting get together.

I'll call the owner at my LQS tomorrow and get started on organizing this. :thumbup:
Macon sounds good to ome
Old 04-13-2011, 09:42 PM

I live in Conyers, would love to meet up too
Old 04-16-2011, 08:59 PM

Let me know what date gets decided upon and where. I would really enjoy meeting other board members.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:54 AM

Here's where we stand. Including me, we have had 27 quilters respond with interest. I have contacted Intown Quilters' http://www.intownquilters.com/ owner, who has offered us free use of her class space with the only request being we clean up after ourselves food wise. I have promised we will do that, I know that it will be no problem.

I have proposed to her the following 4 dates which seem to fit most of the out of towners and us generally. I have asked for possible dates of 5/21, 5/22, 5/28 5/29. The first dates of the weekend are Sat and we could go earlier, the shop opens at 1 on Sun.

Would we want to do a pot luck, get food from a caterter, have pizza delivered?

Would anyone want to specify a project or just a sit n sew? Maybe someone wants to offer a tute for a special technique? It's our get together, let's make it fun.

Anyone who is interested but didn't speak up is still welcome. My thoughts are that this first one can be here and then June could be Macon with imaquilternga organizing that one.
Jo
Old 04-17-2011, 11:19 AM

I can come on the 29th. My daughter is graduating from law school in Nashville the weekend of the 21st, and I have other plans on the 28th. I love the idea of a sit and sew.