POT HOLDER TRADE

Old 05-24-2011, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Gigi07
Originally Posted by Rhonda
Originally Posted by Rettie V.Grama
Number one Pot Holder sent to: Gigi07

I thought it was a pair of potholders?

I am interested if I ever figure out the rules! LOL
I think it is a pair of potholders... This sounds like fun.. I'm very new at sewing so hope I can make something nice... maybe I need to practice ,,, I have never tried potholders... don't seem to hard lol
Personally, I think you will do just fine. Are you completely new to sewing or do you mean quilting? Either way, welcome!
:-D
Old 05-24-2011, 10:50 AM

I've been trying to understand this swap, but am confused...are you saying that we would send to you and you will "forward" the potholders on to someone else? That would mean that we'd be sending postage twice (once to you and including stamps) instead of getting a name to send pot holders directly to? Or did I hopefully get that wrong? Please could you explain again for those of us who are "slower"? Sorry...
Old 05-24-2011, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by Gigi07
Originally Posted by Rhonda
Originally Posted by Rettie V.Grama
Number one Pot Holder sent to: Gigi07

I thought it was a pair of potholders?

I am interested if I ever figure out the rules! LOL
I think it is a pair of potholders... This sounds like fun.. I'm very new at sewing so hope I can make something nice... maybe I need to practice ,,, I have never tried potholders... don't seem to hard lol
Personally, I think you will do just fine. Are you completely new to sewing or do you mean quilting? Either way, welcome!
:-D
I have sewn a little like hemming pants etc.. I have been broken in a bit because I just finished a quilt block swap. Learned a lot there..
Old 05-24-2011, 06:51 PM

you are not the only one confused about the rules of this swap. so i join you in the "slower" category.

Originally Posted by rwquilts
I've been trying to understand this swap, but am confused...are you saying that we would send to you and you will "forward" the potholders on to someone else? That would mean that we'd be sending postage twice (once to you and including stamps) instead of getting a name to send pot holders directly to? Or did I hopefully get that wrong? Please could you explain again for those of us who are "slower"? Sorry...
Old 05-24-2011, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
you are not the only one confused about the rules of this swap. so i join you in the "slower" category.

Originally Posted by rwquilts
Me too, maybe she'll repost the rules so us "slower" people can understand.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:14 AM

portion of original post from Rettie V.Grama "We will start the trade by sending a pair of Pot Holders from me to the first one that signs up. It will be sent in a brown envelope with a second envelope inserted with my name and your return address and 4-48 cent stamps attached for you to send me a pair of Pot Holders."

Swap host will send to Trader #1
Trader #1 will send to Host
Host will forward to Trader #2 etc.

The way I read it is all potholders will be sent to the Host, my guess is that this is to insure that no one sends and doesn’t receive.

I hope this helps, there has been problems in the past of people sending their packages and not receiving anything in return so now the hostess/host of the swaps are doing their best to try to prevent anyone from being disappointed.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
I, too, would appreciate a more clear picture of how this works. I am interested. Are they any guidelines for padding of the potholders? Or is it our choice... double batting or insul-brite?

I will pm you with my info. Has this type of swap been done before? Just curious. :-D
I make mine with 1 layer of insul-brite layered between 1 layer of w&n top and bottom, I oven test mine to make sure I can hold a pan for a count of 10. I oven test because I tend to be clumsy. I oven test the ones I get to before I decide if the they are going to be used as hot pads or pot holders lol can you say anal
Old 05-25-2011, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
portion of original post from Rettie V.Grama "We will start the trade by sending a pair of Pot Holders from me to the first one that signs up. It will be sent in a brown envelope with a second envelope inserted with my name and your return address and 4-48 cent stamps attached for you to send me a pair of Pot Holders."

Swap host will send to Trader #1
Trader #1 will send to Host
Host will forward to Trader #2 etc.

The way I read it is all potholders will be sent to the Host, my guess is that this is to insure that no one sends and doesn’t receive.

I hope this helps, there has been problems in the past of people sending their packages and not receiving anything in return so now the hostess/host of the swaps are doing their best to try to prevent anyone from being disappointed.
Okay, I get the idea...I'm not sure that 4 stamps would always pay for the postage though...pot holders will be different styles, weights, etc. It does sound like this will take a very long time for some to get their pot holders...hmmm...will have to think about this...thanks so much for the information!
Old 05-25-2011, 08:15 AM

Okay, I get the idea...I'm not sure that 4 stamps would always pay for the postage though...pot holders will be different styles, weights, etc. It does sound like this will take a very long time for some to get their pot holders...hmmm...will have to think about this...thanks so much for the information!
well I am using mine for gifts throughout the year so for me it doesnt matter how long it takes lol

I think she figured the postage by going with the largest size and weight
Old 05-26-2011, 05:42 PM

Darla, PM me your name and address so I can put you on the list. You also, may send me your Pot Holders right away.