Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • 1 November 2012 BOM block picture's. >
  • 1 November 2012 BOM block picture's.

• 1 November 2012 BOM block picture's.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:57 AM

Default Turkey Block

Here is my Nov. block! I managed to get it done in spite of my machine making some very unusual sounds at the end.... time for a visit to the machine doc, I'm afraid. And, of course, I have an all day quilt class tomorrow...
    Attached Thumbnails pb070001.jpg  
    Old 11-07-2012, 01:07 PM

Ok,turkey for Nov that fits perfectly. Having not made an Oct block yet this will get me in the mood! Lol Might just make that Jacl-o-lantern for Oct. will get busy.

Hugs,
    Betty
    Old 11-07-2012, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by lovelyl
    Here is my Nov. block! I managed to get it done in spite of my machine making some very unusual sounds at the end.... time for a visit to the machine doc, I'm afraid. And, of course, I have an all day quilt class tomorrow...
    lovelyl..........what a great Turkey block for our November 2012 Calendar theme!! Your back ground fabric is so cute, I love it. Your turkey looks to be very proud of himself too!! Thank you for sharing today & Good Luck with your machine at sewing class tomorrow!!
    Old 11-07-2012, 02:25 PM

Lovelyl I agree with Sula your background fabric is awesome. Fantastic job on the turkey I eyeballed the pattern and drew it bigger and then found it was easier to make individual feathers. I think his eyes turned out to look more owlish then I intended. LOL. But he is finished and ready to be quilted so I'm ready to attach all the squares once I get Decembers block done.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]375263[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg  
    Old 11-07-2012, 05:23 PM

Oh, he is really cute Jenniky! I have not done mine yet!
    Old 11-07-2012, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jenniky
    Lovelyl I agree with Sula your background fabric is awesome. Fantastic job on the turkey I eyeballed the pattern and drew it bigger and then found it was easier to make individual feathers. I think his eyes turned out to look more owlish then I intended. LOL. But he is finished and ready to be quilted so I'm ready to attach all the squares once I get Decembers block done.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]375263[/ATTACH]
    Jenniky.........Your Turkey block is just darling too!! I really like your idea about the individual feathers for his tail. You really had your thinking cap on for that great idea. I think his eyes look a little nervous, wondering if he will make it through turkey dinner day still alive!! Maybe he will get a Pardon from the President!! Thank you for sharing with all of us today.
    Old 11-10-2012, 05:38 AM

Default 2 done

Here are 2 (still have 2 to go) I still need to stitch around them but would like opinions as to what color thread to use. My 1st thought is always black to give it pop. Definitely don't want to use matching.
    What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails turkeys-full-size.jpg  

Last edited by mimiknoxtaylor; 11-10-2012 at 05:41 AM. Reason: photo too small
    Old 11-10-2012, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor
    Here are 2 (still have 2 to go) I still need to stitch around them but would like opinions as to what color thread to use. My 1st thought is always black to give it pop. Definitely don't want to use matching.
    What do you think?
    Joyce..........your two blocks so far are Beautiful!! Your fabrics are so pretty & really make those turkey's POP!! I think I would use green & blue thread on the turkey to the left then two shades of blue on the turkey on the right. Like light blue around the dark blue fabric & dark blue around the light blue fabric. What ever you choose I know that it will turn out spectacular!! Thank you for sharing & we will be anxious to see the next two blocks.
    Old 11-10-2012, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
    Joyce..........your two blocks so far are Beautiful!! Your fabrics are so pretty & make those turkey's POP!! I think I would use green & blue thread on the turkey to the left then two shades of blue on the turkey on the right. Like light blue around the dark blue fabric & dark blue around the light blue fabric. What ever you choose I know that it will turn out spectacular!! Thank you for sharing & we will be anxious to see the next two blocks.

I agree with Sula Bug really like yur fabrics.. very nice job

Judy in Phx, AZ
    Old 11-10-2012, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor
    What do you think?
    I really like the front on view of your turkey on the left, could you please tell me where you found the pattern? I agree with the others about thread choice but I am also a fan of black.