Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Sadness on Craigslist =/ >

Sadness on Craigslist =/

Sadness on Craigslist =/

Old 05-18-2013, 03:29 PM
Power Poster

the page was deleted by it's author.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:11 PM

I have no one to leave my machines and stash too either. I have no children, and my many nieces and nephews are not interested. I have it written in my will to have it donated to my church quilting group. I know I can trust them to find good homes for all my stuff. And I've talked about it with my church quilting group, so they know what to expect. Since we teach a lot of younger girls how to quilt, there is always a need for fabric, notions and machines. I suppose now the only thing I can do is stay aware so that if this becomes something that changes, then I need to make other arrangements.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:33 PM

Yep went to look and it was gone.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by francie yuhas View Post
I have instructed my family,that after I croak,they are to invite my quilting buddies over,let them take what they want,serving appropriate beverages.
A wonderful quilter and member of this board passed away last year. She never married and her few family members did not want her quilting stuff. It was willed to our guild and guild members and quilting buddies made sure it was packed and delivered to the guild for a sale. The finished quilts were donated to her favorite charities and the unquilted tops were finished and donated to the guild's charities. With the money raised from the guild sales we will pay for a couple of workshops in her name.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:57 AM

Between my daughter and her 7 yr old son, I'm sure my stuff will be well used and enjoyed. My DGS loves all aspects of quilting and embroidery. He fell in love with the treadle machine and hasn't even see it run. I think it was the though of how something could run without electricity, it amazes him. For a while he was hooked on Little House on the Prarie and was amazed that there was a time without cars, electric, bikes and not everyone had horses. I got him hooked early and my daughter likes quilting but just dabbles for now. One day she'll take off, I see great potential in her.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:55 AM
ro
Banned

i would make my wishes known to whoever is going to be responsible for what i've left. then i would have it donated to a senior citizen group or some group that receives no financial help and they make quilts for donations to hospitals etc. i was never aware of any of this until i joined a senior group. they do not get any help from the town even though they meet in a senior building supplied by the town. so we depend upon ourselves to supply fabric, notions even sewing machines. once in a blue moon do we get donations from the community. i dont even think people are aware of donating fabric etc. now i tell everyone i can to donate, donate, donate. there is always someone who wants your "good stuff". even fabric no one wants can be donated to make pillows for dogs, cats, etc.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:25 AM
Power Poster

Isn't it wonderful that we can find tyhese treasures at a reasonable price
Old 05-20-2013, 09:05 AM

My sister and I split all of our mother's knitting and sewing stash and supplies. I even got her Bernina sewing machine that she loved. My two daughters are both married and one is now sewing for her children and her home which I'm thrilled about. The younger has mentioned she'd like to learn how to sew "easy stuff" to wear. I guess they'll split whatever I have left but I also do stained glass. There's no telling where that will go. No one else in my family does it. They love to get things I've made but have no interest in learning.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:15 PM
Power Poster

I have discovered that our childern do not feel the same about our things....I know that my daughter will never keep anything of mine that is related to sewing....I hope one day my grandson will marry a girl that like to sew....If I ever meet someone that loves sewing I will will all my stuff to that person...related to me or not...
Old 05-21-2013, 01:49 PM

i went to look and it is gone. missed it.dang