Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I am so pleased with myself that I can barely stand it! >

I am so pleased with myself that I can barely stand it!

I am so pleased with myself that I can barely stand it!

Old 11-21-2016, 04:46 AM

What a splendid collection of greens...beautiful projects. Your friend is sure to love it...
Old 11-21-2016, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Altairss View Post
And because I wanted the pattern too after seeing yours here is a link to the site they also have a video you can watch so cool
http://www.northcott.com/pattern-det...patternid=1477
I haven't checked to see if they have "corrected" this pattern. I made one from Northcott's website and the instructions said to start stitching at the same side all the way through. I questioned that at the time, wondering if I'd end up with a curve. Sure enough, I did. Toward the end of the process, I had a big curved piece. I believe it works better to alternate, starting at the other side on each row. It helps keep the rows straight.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:00 AM

Oh my, how very beautiful!! Lucky friend!!
Old 11-21-2016, 05:38 AM

So pretty your colour choices beautiful! I know they will love them .We all know the cat will claim them both.
Old 11-21-2016, 06:10 AM

Very pretty. I'll bet they will be cherished for a long time
Old 11-21-2016, 06:18 AM

Your quilts are beautiful. I am sure your friend will love her quilt, but don't count on the cat. Just because you want the cat to love it and use it, is all the more reason why he/she won't. We just lost our cat that was nearly 20 years old. Over the years I made her any number of "special" beds, quilts, etc. She chose to sleep on an old bath towel instead. Just saying, don't feel hurt if the cat sniffs it and saunters away.
Old 11-21-2016, 06:59 AM

Beautiful both!
Old 11-21-2016, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by illinois View Post
I haven't checked to see if they have "corrected" this pattern. I made one from Northcott's website and the instructions said to start stitching at the same side all the way through. I questioned that at the time, wondering if I'd end up with a curve. Sure enough, I did. Toward the end of the process, I had a big curved piece. I believe it works better to alternate, starting at the other side on each row. It helps keep the rows straight.
What you say is true. I normally alternate directions also when sewing the strip sets. I didn't on this one, and all turned out okay. I think I got lucky. I actually thought of alternating them, but I had just finished a really huge Bargello, and I thought perhaps since this one was small that the alternating didn't matter.

Just to be safe, I will alternate the next time I use this pattern. I am writing that on the instructions so that I don't stop and wonder about it.

Thanks for the head's up!

Dina
Old 11-21-2016, 07:31 AM

That's beautiful, and I LOVE the title of your post! So often on this board all we do is bash ourselves... saying I could have done this better or that better. In fact, I was about to post something negative about a quilt I just finished - but now, I'm not going to! I'll post a picture of it later and focus on the fact that it's finished!! Thank you.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:42 AM

Oh wow! Stunning! Thanks for sharing!