Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
IRR II GROUP 5 PICTURES - "THREADS ACROSS THE OCEAN" >

IRR II GROUP 5 PICTURES - "THREADS ACROSS THE OCEAN"

IRR II GROUP 5 PICTURES - "THREADS ACROSS THE OCEAN"

Old 02-09-2010, 09:11 PM

The second row on Gwen's center is done. I wanted to keep with the theme/style of her center as it is so personal to her. I found the closest match I could to the red hearts and did the applique in the same style. The border fabric is a lattice pattern with flowers that I thought would go around the garden they were married in.

And Bluebirds of happiness celebrating.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-10451.jpe   attachment-10687.jpe  
Old 02-09-2010, 09:14 PM

Oh wow, Pam! That could not be any more perfect. It's wonderful!
Old 02-09-2010, 10:25 PM

So cute!!!I agree with Connie, its' perfect!
Old 02-10-2010, 12:26 AM

Yes, it's PERFECT !! Great job.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:17 AM

That is the perfect next row for Gywn's center! Great work!
Old 02-10-2010, 06:02 AM
Power Poster

That is absolutely perfect for the center! Fantastic job Pam!
Old 02-10-2010, 07:48 AM

Pam: You nailed it! I love my quilt. What a beautiful boarder. You are totally awesome. My quilt is going to be 100 times more wonderful than I had ever imagined. YOu picked exactly the right thing. I'll never be able to thank you ladies enough. Gwyn
Old 02-10-2010, 08:26 AM

I am SO glad you like it. :-) I kept going back and forth about it being too plain, I changed the border fabric a few times, etc. etc. I finally decided to do simple. I also did tests of blanket stitch to match the size and width of your applique so that it looked the same.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:30 AM

I have a story for you guys. I am working on blueribbontoes' quilt. Two weeks ago, I went to the store and bought the fabric and some embellishments to use to complete my assignment. When I got home, I went to find the center and put it into the bin where I keep current projects. THE QUILT TOP WAS GONE!!! My family and I have torn our house apart and searched every single corner. No quilt top. I haven't slept for 3 days worrying. After finally finishing the last space in our house, I decided I would have to own-up and use the picture to make another center and round 1. The on-line store didn't use paypal so I had to wait until today before I could even order. I was going to be sooooooooo late. I felt just aweful.

As I sat down to write my confession and ask for some extra days, I noticed a white envelope in one of the new bins I have for fabric. Not even believing the quilt top could be there, I went on to look at my email and find a fabric shop with batik fabrics so I could order replacement fabric.

Suddenly, I couldn't stand it anymore, I pulled out the bin and opened it. Sure enough, there was the beautiful quilt top - in a white envelope (we had been looking for a yellow envelope). I am so thankful at finding this beautiful quilt.

The upshot of this ordeal is: My House Is Clean! We took 10 van loads of stuff to the local thrift store. Shampooed the carpets, threw out old cleaners and found the floor in my bedroom. My son's closet is now able to close its doors and all my fabrics are in clear stacking bins with lids.

Now, I need a cup of coffee and then I"ll get on this beautiful quilt top. Never fear, I won't lose it again! We are under control.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:23 AM

Oh Gwyn, I can hardly imagine how upsetting that must have been! I am so glad that you found it and that you got your house straightened up in the process. :-D

I didn't tell anyone but sandpat but your center was lost again by my post office for a bit. I got the notice in my mailbox that I had to sign for a package and I went to the post office the next day. They couldn't find it! I called again that afternoon, it still wasn't found. I was so worried. It finally turned up after they said it was at their "other" station instead of the one that is just blocks from my house.