Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 29 Robins (sign ups closed) >

Boom 29 Robins (sign ups closed)

Boom 29 Robins (sign ups closed)

Old 04-22-2023, 09:13 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
Such beautiful blocks being made, they are all going to look great in quilts. I'm taking a little break from making blocks, I have a baby quilt that needs to be finished and in the mail for a baby shower back in Wisconsin. It should be done some time today and I will be back to making more blocks real soon.
Cheese
Please show us the baby quilt, before you send it off! I love seeing everyone's quilt creations.

Originally Posted by TheMerkleFamily View Post
Good Morning Boomers - I had to jump in here to tell you all how beautiful your blocks are! So much creativity with fabric choices, block designs and your themes are just wonderful. I love the cat & mouse blocks - so cute. And the houses, too. It truly seems that every Boom the blocks are more and more creative - thank you for the eye-candy!
Christine
Thank you, Christine! It seems every Boom swap we all just get better and better. Hav inspires me to try more paper piecing. We all inspire each other!

Originally Posted by LogCabin82 View Post
Beautiful block, Hav. I love your color choices!
Me too. Hav, your PP blocks are so creative.
Old 04-22-2023, 12:27 PM

Here is one for SBG. Want thinking when I shrunk the 12 inch stop sign to 6 inches.
Attached Thumbnails fb_img_1682195102557.jpg  
Old 04-22-2023, 12:29 PM

I have had a blast making these blocks. Makes me horribly sad to only have 2 left. I have Libsters and Reba's Halloween to go.

Thank you for everyone's kind words. They are appreciated.
Old 04-22-2023, 12:35 PM

Default Boom 27 borders almost done

Hi all, I just finished fusing my pieces for the borders for my boom27 quilt top. I laid out 3 or 4 borders on a bench for photos. The bottom one is for one of the long sides. Now onto the blanket stitching. I’m at a retreat and this took the better part of a day and a half to design and fuse. Hugs all!
Attached Thumbnails img_5780.jpeg   img_5779.jpeg   img_5778.jpeg   img_5776.jpeg  
Old 04-22-2023, 12:45 PM
Power Poster

LOVE my block, Hav! Will go great in this quilt. I'm sorry you are almost out of blocks to make. And here I was just looking at mine thinking, "How will I ever get these all done?" LOL.

Reba, your hand appliqued borders are amazing!
Old 04-22-2023, 03:49 PM

Good evening. My friend’s DH died this morning. I’ve spent the whole afternoon sitting with her, talking, laughing and crying, not to mention drinking a little too much Chardonnay. She says she’s ok now until tomorrow morning. It’s such a sad day.

before I got the call that her DH died, I’d just finished Mona’s block. I hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails img_3950.jpeg  
Old 04-22-2023, 04:00 PM

Hav4boys, Terriamn, Sewbiz, Susie and logcabin, Thank you for my blocks. They are all fantastic.

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
HAV thank you for the absolutely gorgeous blocks

Today was one of those days you wish you could strike from the calendar. Quick background my oldest dd had emergency surgery on her eye for a detached and torn retina. Today surgeon told her the eye wasn’t going to get better. She can see blurry shapes and colors. It has also impaired her balance. Kelly’s passion is running. She has run a marathon in all 50 states and DC. To say we are all sick at heart is an understatement. Then we went to visit hubby’s brother in rehab for his stroke. His mind is there and he knows what he wants to say but he can’t say the words. He was a principal and a very articulate person and he is so frustrated. Not a good family day
Terrianm, prayers for your DD and your brother n law. Sorry to hear about the troubles.
Old 04-22-2023, 04:01 PM

I made a block for Reba, hope you like it. It is called Five of Diamonds
Attached Thumbnails rebas-block.jpg  
Old 04-22-2023, 04:38 PM
Power Poster

LStew- Such a cool block!
Janice, that sure is sad. You were such a help to her and I hope you feel good about that.
Rebaquilts- I love your applique!!
Hav- what a clever solution for SBG's block. Cute!!
Old 04-22-2023, 06:58 PM

Lstew what a fun block for Reba

HAV more great blocks.

Reba I am jealous of your applique, I just can’t get the hang of it. Yours is beautiful

Janice so sorry for your friend’s loss. You have been such a great fiend to be by her side. Love Mona’s block