Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas Ornament Swap 2014 >

Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Christmas Ornament Swap 2014

Old 11-01-2014, 02:51 PM
Power Poster

Kiffie those are very cute ornaments. I love them like that. It's like hanging little quilts with applique or with some embroidery too on the tree.

How is that little candy bowl made?
Old 11-01-2014, 04:51 PM

Well, back from trick or treating and its time for my tradition. Kids will be heading off to their rooms to veg and I will be watching as many horror movies as I can stay awake for.

I have received a few more answer and still no winner. So, far we have added Mortuary Science, Entomology, and to catch a man. Thought for sure Momma Rose would have had it of course she may be holding out knowing she will get and giving others a chance. Remember you can guess as many times as you like. I will wait a few more days then give another hint that may close things in some.

Talk to you all later, I am off to the world of horror. Trying to find some I have not seen over and over again.
Old 11-01-2014, 08:45 PM

Now that I have sufficiently gave myself the heeby jeebies it is time for bed. Off to la la land for me. Another busy day tomorrow with Officers Training, Awards Ceremony followed by monthly meeting all for 4H. I am so glad that I am fortune enough to be able to give this kind of life to my kids. They are involved in so many different things. I do believe it helps to round the mind and soul. Talk later.

BTW still no correct answers, however there was one that was steering kinda of in the right direction and it was given by Mrs. Shak. good luck everyone.
Old 11-02-2014, 07:17 AM

My ornies are all ready to mail.I cant take pictures,my friend borrowed my camera and I dont have it back yet.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:16 AM

OMG kiffie I need a snowman! four in fact! I am an collector of snowmen. DORK! I wish I had thought to join this when I saw it. Now I am in envy.
Old 11-02-2014, 03:13 PM

Mdall,
I have stalked you (um for an answer, I mean ). I even looked at some of your prior posts! At 3 a.m. with chronic insomnia, it passes time, too..lol..
But I've found nothing that clicks..maybe my clicker is broken...lol

QuiltyLouise,
Congrats to you and your daughter! I thought dh and I may never be grandparents, but when we finally were, it's wonderful!!!!

Y'all are too kind about my ornys..

The real deal is...I LOVE hand applique, embroidery, embellishing, etc... and I don't get to do enough of it, because making large projects takes a lot of time.. Like mom's crazy quilt I FINALLY finished took me 3 years! Of course I was working on other things, and not working on it all the time...
Okay, maybe I even procrastinated a lil on it...

The trees and snowmen are probably 4-5" x 6-7", give or take.

The lil fabric bowls are super easy. I use manila folders or cardstock, cut out my polygon and cut fabrics just a tad bigger to glue (glue stick) and fold over, covering 1 side of polygon. After they're dry, glue 2 of them together, right side out. Let them dry again, then hand sew them together using tiny whipstitch to form the bowl.
I learned them by making small ones meant to hang on tree. But I experimented, made some larger, and fill with candies or whatever. You can use any fabric, too...for other holidays or year round. They make super easy gifts..
Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 11-02-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:23 PM
Power Poster

Here is the first ornament I made.

It's a bell sitting on surface.

The same bell hanging.
Attached Thumbnails 100_2258-small-.jpg   100_2259-small-.jpg  
Old 11-02-2014, 05:27 PM

Michelle, I figured it wasn't fair for me to play since I stalked you Last Year. Glad you had a good time on Friday. I remember when our daughters did the Senior nights.

Originally Posted by mdall View Post
Well Senior night is over and I managed not to cry, at least not on the outside. They lost their game but are still in the playoffs. So all is well.

Now, I have got a few responses about the reindeer games question and so far none have been correct. I have to say though I do believe most of you give me way more credit as far as smarts than I probably have. LOL I have seen Law Degree, English Lit, Art, and to attend classes. I guess it may be time for a hint. So here it is.

If you stalk me enough you will find the answer in a very logical place. LOl

Now, I am off to finish up getting trick or treat items ready since we had to postpone till tonight due to the game last night. Also, baking up some ribs, waiting on DH to finish peeling those taters, and looking for a couple of other items to add to dinner. Yummm, gonna go out tonight with a very full belly.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:33 PM

Susan, I love your bell!
Old 11-02-2014, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
Here is the first ornament I made.

It's a bell sitting on surface.

The same bell hanging.
Susan, your bell will make any tree look beautiful! Great job!