What flower is in the quilt!!!!!!

What flower is in the quilt!!!!!!

Old 06-26-2011, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by flybreit
Originally Posted by Barb44
Here it is:

http://heartlandtreasuresks.com/Dogw...-P1279449.aspx

It's exactly the same pattern.
I'm sure glad you found this link for her - there is a kit on EBAY but it's very pricey!

As for the flowers, I like my flowers to look a little more like the 'real deal' - think this would be very pretty in a Moda marble or a very pale batik where you get some color vatiation...jmho
that kit may be pricey but you can't beat the price I paid. I got the kit untouched at a garage sale for $1. the only thing it cost me was about $10 for batting and backing. I just love bargains.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by bebe
Someone I know wants to make this quilt and we are unsure what flower it is. Do you think it is a Cherry Blossom or what? Has anyone seen a pattern like this. Any ideas are appreciated!!!

I am referring to the pink and white quilt that kinda looks like a whole cloth.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-126239-1.htm

....Thanks for your help!!!!!!

Bebe the flower loooks just like a dogwood tree bloom. In real life, I have seen white and pink blooms on trees, but never mixed like that. I think the dogwood tree is one of the most beautiful trees in bloom I have ever seen. I love the magnolia tree in bloom, but in my opinion it can't compare with the dogwood.
I read the legend of the dogwood tree years ago that stated that cross that Christ was crucified on was made of a dog wood tree, and as a result the dogwood tree would never ever be large enough again to make a cross from. I don't know if that is correct or not, as I have never been able to find this in the Bible. Most likely just a story someone told because of the shape of the petals etc. But it is still my favorite tree.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:23 PM

Grandma Janice said: "that kit may be pricey but you can't beat the price I paid. I got the kit untouched at a garage sale for $1. the only thing it cost me was about $10 for batting and backing. I just love bargains.[/quote]"

You were in the right place at the right time for a wonderful bargain! And your quilt is perfect.
Do you remember what the brand name was on your kit (i.e., what company put it out)? I can't seem to find that out from the ebay ads that I've seen.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by bebe
now where to find this pattern????
any ideas????????
That exact pattern is for sale on EBay .99
Old 06-26-2011, 02:29 PM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

Originally Posted by clynns
Based upon the shape of the flower and the fact that it shows yellow pistols (center of flower)I would say a Posie. I searched on Google for stamped whole cloth quilts. I went to this website and found what looks like the flower. It not stamped like the quilt but the flower looks the same just 2 petals are pink and 2 are white. Here's the website:

http://www.countryhomequilters.com/s...ocks%2C/Detail

It's the closest that I can find. Hope this helps. Cheryl

After looking at the Dogwood, I'd have to agree. I don't know why they would have made 2 pink and 2 white??
thanks for the website!
Old 06-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Banned

It is the dog wood flower/tree.
God bless
Old 06-26-2011, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Kathy T.
Grandma Janice said: "that kit may be pricey but you can't beat the price I paid. I got the kit untouched at a garage sale for $1. the only thing it cost me was about $10 for batting and backing. I just love bargains.
"

You were in the right place at the right time for a wonderful bargain! And your quilt is perfect.
Do you remember what the brand name was on your kit (i.e., what company put it out)? I can't seem to find that out from the ebay ads that I've seen.[/quote]

I'm sorry, I have no idea. As I said it was about 15 or 20 years ago . I've learned a lot about quilting since then, but still don't pay much attention to company names, or brand names.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:48 AM

I would say it is a dogwood.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:11 PM

Thanks for the reply, Grandma Janice. I wish I had thought to ask my grandmother more about it before she passed away (at 98 yrs old!), but I didn't know enough then to ask. And like you said, I've learned so much more about quilts and quilting since then.