Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Farmer's Wife "Pony Club Sampler" >

My Farmer's Wife "Pony Club Sampler"

My Farmer's Wife "Pony Club Sampler"

Old 07-30-2013, 06:44 AM

QuiltE...Congratulations on a quilt well done!!!!! Isn't that a ribbon beside it in the first picture? As you know, I started and gave up after 40 blocks. I think I had gotten a bit too cutsey so I finished it up and gave it to a charity group. Hopefully a nice young buckaroo is enjoying it. None of my family would have appreciated it.....I grew up in a small town and felt quite connected, but......that was just me.. It was a very fun and active group....Your post's were particularly fun and uplifting.....Thank You for sharing your end result! It's just wonderful....!!!
Old 07-30-2013, 08:48 AM

I love this quilt with the horses and birds things found on the farm, well done and Ribbons as well way to go!
Old 07-30-2013, 09:54 AM

Wow, that is a fantastic quilt. Love it.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:39 AM

hmmmmm....I just might....where do I get the/a pattern???
Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Now that makes total sense ... Whatever was I thinking??
How could Kitsie "coach" without doing it with us??
*giggles*

Ladies, please don't let JeanieG fool you ... she's finishing up two Ponies herself!

So, HuntAnnette ... Why don't you join DHMommy, Kitsie and I (and some others too!) and start working DJ this winter with us?

*Gentle Nudges* for you, OKSGlad ... you'll get there!!
Old 07-30-2013, 04:41 PM

Just beautiful!!!
Old 07-30-2013, 05:06 PM

Your quilt is stunning. I love looking at the many different blocks and the embroidery is darling.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:42 PM

You did a great job. My husband bought me the book for this past Valentine's Day. I have enjoyed reading the stories behind the horses and the blocks. Guess it's about time I tried to make mine. Wish I had known that the group was doing it.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:58 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by weezie View Post
It's wonderful (no surprise to me)! I especially love all your personal touches. Is that a likeness of you and your husband there in apron and bib overalls? Your LAQ is a gem.
Weezie ... for sure, you know the work and wonder of doing a quilt like this! Your FWS was absolutely spectacular and I hope you are enjoying it. The Mr+Mrs was probably more generic in intent when I made it, though might have sub-consciously been an ode to my parents ... Dad always wore bib overalls, and Mom was always in a house dress till I was well along in school. Though my husband did wear overalls too .... me? NEVER a housedress!!

Originally Posted by Retired Fire Chief View Post
Beautiful, I love the addition of the animals and farmer. I have 111 blocks and thought about making 145 so it would be a king. Adding some blocks like you did would get me to a king size. You do beautiful work, congratulations.
111 sounds like you have done the FWS and not the PC. If you haven't seen mine, I started a thread with it on the weekend as well. Somehow I forgot that, a year ago when it was completed. My beds are all Doubles, so I stopped at quilts that would work for them, and did not continue on to ones that would drag on the floor ... if I used them on the bed. Right now, both are hanging! Looking forward to seeing yours, RetiredFireChief, whichever it is!

Originally Posted by wendiq View Post
QuiltE...Congratulations on a quilt well done!!!!! Isn't that a ribbon beside it in the first picture? As you know, I started and gave up after 40 blocks. I think I had gotten a bit too cutsey so I finished it up and gave it to a charity group. Hopefully a nice young buckaroo is enjoying it. None of my family would have appreciated it.....I grew up in a small town and felt quite connected, but......that was just me.. It was a very fun and active group....Your post's were particularly fun and uplifting.....Thank You for sharing your end result! It's just wonderful....!!!
Yes, WendiQ ... a ribbon from a Spring Fair! If you want to know more about it, I started a thread on the weekend about that fair (if you have not found it already, that is!). Your quilt turned out lovely. I remember the red borders (right?) and how it really gave it zip ... and yes, some little buckaroo is surely thrilled with your overwhelming kindness!

Originally Posted by huntannette View Post
hmmmmm....I just might....where do I get the/a pattern???
Not sure which pattern you are meaning? ... Both the FWS and PC quilt books are available direct from Laurie thru her website. If you're thinking of DJ, the "official" DJ site has both the book and software. Or the software can be ordered from EQ. Some of the LQS' have been selling all three ... though I hear that DJ is backordered here in Canada right now. That'd be really good if you wanted to work along with me and a few others with the DJ. It think it's definitely one that NEEDs the moral support of a group effort!

Last edited by QuiltE; 07-30-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:16 PM

Not sure which pattern you are meaning? ... Both the FWS and PC quilt books are available direct from Laurie thru her website. If you're thinking of DJ, the "official" DJ site has both the book and software. Or the software can be ordered from EQ. Some of the LQS' have been selling all three ... though I hear that DJ is backordered here in Canada right now. That'd be really good if you wanted to work along with me and a few others with the DJ. It think it's definitely one that NEEDs the moral support of a group effort!

LOL whew.....that`s a lot of letters....sorry I`m not too familiar with quilting terms....so what I figure is this is a book called Dear Jane that I can order online somewhere ...not sure what EQ is ...but would like the pattern/book in software ....so I`ll try and search online and find it.....
Old 07-30-2013, 07:36 PM

Sadly, my FWS is still just a top sitting in a storage box. I'm working on a zillion other things, though, the most entertaining being the Little Brown Bird applique blocks/quilt (quilt and book by Margaret Docherty). Some of my earlier completed block pictures are here in the QB Little Brown Bird thread, but it's such an old thread and apparently I'm the only QB member doing this quilt, so I quit posting pictures a long time ago. I have half the blocks done now and the 4 small triangle corners.

I was just yanking your chain about the apron/bib overalls couple. No house dresses or aprons for me either, but I do own a nifty pair of bib overalls (somewhere in this house).