Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What animals do you have inside or outside  (also wild animals) at your house? >

What animals do you have inside or outside (also wild animals) at your house?

What animals do you have inside or outside (also wild animals) at your house?

Old 01-13-2011, 05:56 AM

Oops, forgot the inside critter(s). Have a blue headed pionus (small parrot) which I inherited from my daughter because the vet said it did so much better in my house; and, when she comes to visit, a part Great Dane and a very playful cat. She found the dog at a train station in horrible condition and the cat which she originally thought was a piece of orange paper blowing in the wind on a busy street in Ft. Lauderdale. Have to say they couldn't have found a better owner. Needless to say, when she comes to visit, the bird is banished to my bedroom. Otherwise, he is in the dining room and at dinnertime demands his share, especially corn.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:10 AM

WE live in the city, after growing up on a farm. I miss the animals. In the house i have one much loved and spoiled black lab. She is very good at her job which is to be close to me, and be ready to comfort me whenever I may need it. We do have an iragation ditch directly to the south of us. That brought a racoon family that lived in our attic. We had to get those out to do some electrical work and they got to messing up the sidding were they went in and out. Now we have some birds, or maybe rats, or cats living in the north wall, were I sew,and do lots ot things. I try not to trhink about the mess they are making.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:16 AM

Fish in the house, Two dogs live in the garage, 3 mini lop rabbits during winter are in the shop, at the ranch 2 horses and the boys' 4 yearlings. Running wild: bunches of turkeys, deer, coyotes, and yes bobcats and 2 mountain lions were just gotten back behind us(it is presently Mountain lion season-they have limited numbers to what can be taken). Just recently 3 horse were mauled and killed by mountain lions. We also have tons squirrels, pigeons,rabbits, skunks and eagles, and must not forget the nasty rattlesnakes. At least a couple of time a summer we run into one of these. oh, almost forgot Guinne's.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:21 AM

We have ducks, chickens, peafowl; sheep; goats; pigs.
We raise LGDs, and right now have several litters of pups, plus the youngsters in training. Also 4 in/out cats.
For wild animals, there are feral cats; deer; armadillos; squirrels. and lots of birds as we are near the Salt Plains refuge.
Plus the predators: possums; raccoons; fox; cougars;coyotes; wolves(the reason for the LGDS!)
Old 01-13-2011, 07:40 AM

Put the cats in the attic for a day, maybe they will chase the squirrels away. They will eat on your wiring.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:44 AM

I have beavers, hawks, owls, all kinds of birds, those lovely cardinals, raccoons, a skunk every now and then, used to have a reverse skunk, mostly white with just a little black, he got ran over, coyotes in back pasture, dear, possums, armadillos, have even seen a red fox.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:50 AM

We have 4 dogs, 6 outside cats, 22 chickens, 2 alpacas 3 horses and 2 donkeys, along with the usuall deer, jack rabbits, cows, next door, wild turkey and some pheasants.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:00 AM

Inside I have Cali, my Greyhound, and Puddin, my kitten.
Outside we have foxes, coyote, there's a buck & his doe up the street, living in an old dry reservoir, it's maybe 5 acres, we see them in the morning some days in summer & early fall eating from the tress in peoples yards. Also, bull snakes, feral cats ( that's where Puddin came from) Falcons, there's an owl , oh yeah, lots of skunks, & squirrels . the funny thing is I live near the intersection of 3 highways in the middle of the city!
here's Cali & Puddin

Cali
[ATTACH=CONFIG]159374[/ATTACH]

Puddin
[ATTACH=CONFIG]159375[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-159369.jpe   attachment-159370.jpe  
Old 01-13-2011, 08:26 AM

a shih-tzu the boss, a sweet cocker spaniel, and a 20 lb cat that live inside and rule the house . We have deer, rabbits squirrels , wood peckers , eagles, coyotes, birds, and fish we live on a lake,
Old 01-13-2011, 08:26 AM

Where to begin - - - 2 housecats, one long haired chihuahua in teh house and Chirp the cockatiel; and they all comingle just fine - amaizingly!

Outside I have my herd of goats, we have many cows who will have many calves this spring; Pyrenees dogs and pups, border collie, Aussie pups, several cats and kittens.

On the wild side, coyote, a cougar (which they say we DON'T have) owl, fox, racoon, deer, turkey, and yesterday I saw cardinals, bluejays, chickadees, sparrows, squirrel and 2 robins, all pecking in the snow for food under the pine trees; a real haven for them for food as well. Plus what I throw out for them to eat - they don't go hungry.