Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group >

Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group

Boom 16 - OverAchievers - 2 month group

Old 05-11-2016, 09:42 AM

Also, in February, I mailed my parents anniversary card early to them, it never showed up. My Mother thought I abandoned them. I was not pleased on that one. I checked today, it is still in limbo. I know I have some scraps of the fabrics, I guess if need to, will get started on some blocks. I cannot replicate any blocks I made. This is a big bummer. i do know that a couple of the participants have used the fabric in the GT Therapy Group. Let me know what I need to do to rectify this, besides go and search the post office everywhere.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:01 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
besides go and search the post office everywhere.
So sorry this is happening. We had to resort to calling a postal office in Hawaii since they were not moving a package we send to HI. They did release it soon after. Maybe some calls will get it going?
Old 05-11-2016, 12:27 PM

QM, Please hold off on making new blocks please. It isn't even a week late yet. If it turns out that the package is irretrievably lost, we'll deal with it but it's early. Happily, some folks have returned leftover pieces of F8s so there might be enough to make blocks out of. If the package doesn't turn up by the weekend, we can talk. I've got your phone number. Let's just keep in touch and post here so the group will know what is happening.im still hoping it will suddenly appear.
Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Also, in February, I mailed my parents anniversary card early to them, it never showed up. My Mother thought I abandoned them. I was not pleased on that one. I checked today, it is still in limbo. I know I have some scraps of the fabrics, I guess if need to, will get started on some blocks. I cannot replicate any blocks I made. This is a big bummer. i do know that a couple of the participants have used the fabric in the GT Therapy Group. Let me know what I need to do to rectify this, besides go and search the post office everywhere.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:54 PM

Holy Cow, QuilterMomma, it's in Atlanta! It should be here tomorrow or the next day!!! Whew.....
Old 05-11-2016, 04:01 PM

The "Power of Positive Thinking"! Yeah!
Old 05-11-2016, 06:12 PM

Yeah. Lots of aggravation by USP
Old 05-12-2016, 03:21 AM

Update says it will arrive today.
Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Holy Cow, QuilterMomma, it's in Atlanta! It should be here tomorrow or the next day!!! Whew.....
Old 05-12-2016, 08:17 AM

I finally received my notifications as well. I bet the phone call to the post office I did make did something and they finally moved it on. Or, as I was told, that some of the seasoned postal workers do not tend to scan as they should so there is no tracking in between at times. But at least I can breathe that they are getting there. Hallelujah!
Old 05-12-2016, 10:26 AM

QuilterMomma, I understand just how you feel about the post office. Janice, I'm sure you remember the year that I sent in my 2 month blocks and when they arrived, it was 1 block short. I had not sealed my package until after it was weighed at the post office so I could put return postage on the return envelope. Well, between the weighing and the sealing up of the envelope, done by the postal clerk, that block vanished into thin air. I almost had a heart attack when Janice contacted me about it. Fortunately, I had kept the scraps from that block and the owners second block was with the same fabric. I had enough to squeak out that missing block. Let me tell you, that ain't a good feeling, knowing you made it but then it's just flat gone!
Lesson learned was: Seal my packages at home, right after enclosing return postage for Janice. For this reason I usually keep leftover scraps unless the owner asks for them back. This time I sent them all back.
Bless you, Janice, for keeping us straight.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:49 PM

OMGosh, Libster, I'd forgotten that. What a weird thing to have happened. What was that, the first Boom I undertook? You probably thought I was nuts (and irresponsible) when I said a block was missing. I began to even doubt myself and kept searching the package over and over and counting and recounting. Then you recalled the package being sealed at the PO and that pretty much solved the riddle of the missing block. It ended up on the floor somewhere I guess.

But, along happier lines, Quiltermomma's and NanaKathy55's blocks are HERE!!!!! I believe that's all of them. So today is Thursday so since there are only a few of you asking for shipping separate from the GT group, I'm going to shoot for tomorrow's mail, barring any unforeseen problems. That'll be a few days ahead of schedule. As always, I will try to work the USPS website to get you your tracking #'s automatically. For those who sent pre-stamped envelopes, I'll send your tracking # in an email as I supply those numbers. Those who sent pre-labeled envelopes, you should already have your tracking #s.

OK, it's time to calm the old dog as we are having a whopper of a T-storm. Well, not too much rain really, but plenty of thunder and lightning. We just had a rumble that lasted for nearly 15 seconds. Boy how the older dog hates it. The younger cruises right through storms, no problem

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
QuilterMomma, I understand just how you feel about the post office. Janice, I'm sure you remember the year that I sent in my 2 month blocks and when they arrived, it was 1 block short. I had not sealed my package until after it was weighed at the post office so I could put return postage on the return envelope. Well, between the weighing and the sealing up of the envelope, done by the postal clerk, that block vanished into thin air. I almost had a heart attack when Janice contacted me about it. Fortunately, I had kept the scraps from that block and the owners second block was with the same fabric. I had enough to squeak out that missing block. Let me tell you, that ain't a good feeling, knowing you made it but then it's just flat gone!
Lesson learned was: Seal my packages at home, right after enclosing return postage for Janice. For this reason I usually keep leftover scraps unless the owner asks for them back. This time I sent them all back.
Bless you, Janice, for keeping us straight.