Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Farmer's Wife "Pony Club Sampler" >

My Farmer's Wife "Pony Club Sampler"

My Farmer's Wife "Pony Club Sampler"

Old 07-30-2013, 07:56 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by huntannette View Post
Not sure which pattern you are meaning? ... Both the FWS and PC quilt books are available direct from Laurie thru her website. If you're thinking of DJ, the "official" DJ site has both the book and software. Or the software can be ordered from EQ. Some of the LQS' have been selling all three ... though I hear that DJ is backordered here in Canada right now. That'd be really good if you wanted to work along with me and a few others with the DJ. It think it's definitely one that NEEDs the moral support of a group effort!

LOL whew.....that`s a lot of letters....sorry I`m not too familiar with quilting terms....so what I figure is this is a book called Dear Jane that I can order online somewhere ...not sure what EQ is ...but would like the pattern/book in software ....so I`ll try and search online and find it.....
HuntAnnette ... Please Email me tomorrow .... and I'll help sort it all out for you!!!
Too late for my brain to function with much sense right now!!
Old 07-30-2013, 07:59 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by weezie View Post
Sadly, my FWS is still just a top sitting in a storage box. I'm working on a zillion other things, though, the most entertaining being the Little Brown Bird applique blocks/quilt (quilt and book by Margaret Docherty). Some of my earlier completed block pictures are here in the QB Little Brown Bird thread, but it's such an old thread and apparently I'm the only QB member doing this quilt, so I quit posting pictures a long time ago. I have half the blocks done now and the 4 small triangle corners.

I was just yanking your chain about the apron/bib overalls couple. No house dresses or aprons for me either, but I do own a nifty pair of bib overalls (somewhere in this house).
Ha! ... I have worn the bibbies myself, both as shorts and long legged bibs! Oh please post your pics for Little Brown Bird .. and give me a link to see what it's all about. I need to learn applique ... wish you were here to help me figure that all out. And Weezie, I am that you have not finished off your FWS ... it's SO SO nice and really does need to get finished!!! This winter?
Old 07-31-2013, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Ha! ... I have worn the bibbies myself, both as shorts and long legged bibs! Oh please post your pics for Little Brown Bird .. and give me a link to see what it's all about. I need to learn applique ... wish you were here to help me figure that all out. And Weezie, I am that you have not finished off your FWS ... it's SO SO nice and really does need to get finished!!! This winter?
I just set up an album of the blocks that I've finished; hope you enjoy them. Number 16 (I think) I do not like and will be using an alternative block. Meanwhile, I'll pop the CD in my computer and see if I can add a picture of Ms. Docherty's finished quilt to the album.

Re: FWS, I have to hone my FMQ skills and then have a king-sized and a queen-sized to do before I do FWS. The biggest hurdle, of course, will be the honing of the FMQ skills.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:37 AM
Power Poster

I just set up an album of the blocks that I've finished; hope you enjoy them. Number 16 (I think) I do not like and will be using an alternative block. Meanwhile, I'll pop the CD in my computer and see if I can add a picture of Ms. Docherty's finished quilt to the album.

Re: FWS, I have to hone my FMQ skills and then have a king-sized and a queen-sized to do before I do FWS. The biggest hurdle, of course, will be the honing of the FMQ skills.
Oh myyyyyyyy ... you just took my breath away, Weezie!!!! Your work is amazing. Definitely way beyond me being that I've only done the 2 FWS appliques! I've been learning FMQ but for now, any of the big and special quilts go to my LAQ. With all the work I put into them, I want to know they get the quilting they deserve!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:36 AM

WOW, amazing time and dedication went into this quilt, it is well worth it!!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:59 AM

Beautiful job & beautiful quilt.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:17 AM

QuiltE, it's wonderful, wonderful!! And more wonderful. I love the blue border to set off all the perfect blocks. It is quite an accomplishment, congrats to you!
Old 07-31-2013, 10:06 AM

Oh myyyyyyyy ... you just took my breath away, Weezie!!!! Your work is amazing. Definitely way beyond me being that I've only done the 2 FWS appliques! I've been learning FMQ but for now, any of the big and special quilts go to my LAQ. With all the work I put into them, I want to know they get the quilting they deserve!
You certainly made the right decision to have your quilting done professionally; her work complements your piecing beautifully; your color choices are always perfect ... and the combined results win ribbons. The quilts I make go directly from this 'factory' to specific beds or laps, so I do the quilting. Plus, I have a burning desire to get much better at FMQ, not to mention a lot of $$$ invested in it.

I'm glad you enjoyed my LBB album; LBB is not a utilitarian quilt, so I feel just a bit decadent doing it, but I think it's good for my mental health, if nothing else.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:18 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jillnjo View Post
QuiltE, it's wonderful, wonderful!! And more wonderful. I love the blue border to set off all the perfect blocks. It is quite an accomplishment, congrats to you!
Thanks JillNJo ... and you know know all about what it takes, with your own FWS achievement!!!

You certainly made the right decision to have your quilting done professionally; her work complements your piecing beautifully; your color choices are always perfect ... and the combined results win ribbons. The quilts I make go directly from this 'factory' to specific beds or laps, so I do the quilting. Plus, I have a burning desire to get much better at FMQ, not to mention a lot of $$$ invested in it.

I'm glad you enjoyed my LBB album; LBB is not a utilitarian quilt, so I feel just a bit decadent doing it, but I think it's good for my mental health, if nothing else.
Thanks again, Weezie ... maybe it;s time you allow yourself an LAQ treat too?
For sure, your LBB is not going to be utilitarian. Perhaps you can continue your decadence with it, and allow yourself to use it, knowing it will get full TLC under your care. Just think of the sweeeet dreams you will enjoy under it. Hand quilting?

I think so much of what we do when quilting is totally for our mental health ... at least it is for me!!
That, and to keep me "off the streets"!!! (a long standing joke with a good friend)
Old 07-31-2013, 05:23 PM

Thanks JillNJo ... and you know know all about what it takes, with your own FWS achievement!!!

Thanks again, Weezie ... maybe it;s time you allow yourself an LAQ treat too?
For sure, your LBB is not going to be utilitarian. Perhaps you can continue your decadence with it, and allow yourself to use it, knowing it will get full TLC under your care. Just think of the sweeeet dreams you will enjoy under it. Hand quilting?

I think so much of what we do when quilting is totally for our mental health ... at least it is for me!!
That, and to keep me "off the streets"!!! (a long standing joke with a good friend)
Yes, ma'am, off the streets and out of the beer joints! I don't know about hand quilting LBB yet. After looking up 'decadent' in the dictionary (better late than never is my motto), I've decided it's not exactly the right word, but I don't know what is and, anyway, you know what I mean.