Boom 31 Spring

Old 03-28-2024, 05:50 PM
Power Poster

Love the snowy owl and the churn dash! Great colors and workmanship!
Old 03-29-2024, 01:40 PM

Good evening! I had a nice day doing almost nothing. DH and the pup were gone for the day so I had the whole day to myself. Had coffee with a friend and then I ran to the LQS and picked up a flannel lap quilt kit that DH saw as a finished quilt and liked. I don't normally do kits but it's just right as is, no change in colors needed. It'll be a Christmas gift. Now I'm trying to decide if I should prewash the flannel. I think most people do. I also picked up the pattern for that terrific setting that Cheesehead used on her Boom 30 quilt recently. Again, another unusual purchase but it jumped into my hands. lol. I went to the grocery store and headed home for a nap after my "busy" morning. Ahhh. Then I updated the gallery and I worked on several of the 365 quilt blocks. They're getting very complicated and fidgety. Anyway, my quiet day is coming to an end shortly as DH and Rip will be home momentarily.

Hope you all had a nice Friday, too. Have a pleasant evening.
Old 03-29-2024, 04:04 PM

Janice glad you had a Janice day. I love days like that

Hubby, my sister, her honey and I worked the fish fry at the club house this evening and boy oh boy am I suffering. Have to remember next year not to take a walk on days I am helping serve. Legs, back and neck are screaming at me

These are my last two boom blocks. One for Cheesehead and one for me.

Attached Thumbnails img_3472.jpeg   img_3471.jpeg  
Old 03-29-2024, 04:58 PM

Great blocks, Terriamn! You’re finished, so that makes several of us already I think. If you want to ship your blocks to me, go ahead. No trips are planned for the foreseeable future, just let me know when you’re ready. That goes for anyone else who is done. I’ve already recd one set. Blocks aren’t due until the end of May so for those going at a more leisurely pace, you have plenty of time. However, if all are received early, I’ll ship early.

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Janice glad you had a Janice day. I love days like that

Hubby, my sister, her honey and I worked the fish fry at the club house this evening and boy oh boy am I suffering. Have to remember next year not to take a walk on days I am helping serve. Legs, back and neck are screaming at me

These are my last two boom blocks. One for Cheesehead and one for me.
Old 03-29-2024, 05:39 PM
Power Poster

Love your last two blocks, Terri! The one for Cheese is really stunning. Congrats on finishing. I'm one block away, and then I'll be done too. Soak in a hot tub and rest up from that fish fry.
Old 03-30-2024, 04:34 AM

Terri, just love the block you made for me, it's just beautiful!
SBG, the vintage quilt you bought is so pretty, I wouldn't be able to cut it up either. Hope you will find a place to display it for all to enjoy.
Old 03-30-2024, 05:23 AM

Thanks for the re-confirmation of the due date for blocks. I was starting to wonder if I had missed a message about an earlier due date with the number who are finishing already. You Energizer bunnies are so ahead of the game!
Old 03-30-2024, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Thanks for the re-confirmation of the due date for blocks. I was starting to wonder if I had missed a message about an earlier due date with the number who are finishing already. You Energizer bunnies are so ahead of the game!
Me too! I think I've been going at "snail pace."
Old 03-30-2024, 10:12 AM
Power Poster

Lots of us are finished, but a few aren't and there is still a lot of time left if you need it. It's always this way, LOL!
Old 03-30-2024, 11:58 AM

No worries, WMUTeach. Go at your own pace. As long as they’re done by late May’s due date, you are golden! I hurried ahead in part because I was concerned I’d be dealing with a sick pup and I knew if she died, I’d back burner the blocks. I cannot stand the thought of being late in my own swap. As it stands now, she’s still in good shape and when she does die, I know I’ll be able to handle the sort and shipping. I can do that through tears, but not making blocks.

If anyone ever wants to remind themselves of upcoming deadlines, please refer to post #1 of this thread.

Back to my 365 blocks. I’ve made 6 since this weekend so far. Now they’re getting tougher though. My next one I’ve got to make 20 1 inch unfinished hsts. That’s 20 1/2 inch finished hsts. This is crazy making!
Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post