Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I tried to tone down the yellow... >

I tried to tone down the yellow...

I tried to tone down the yellow...

Old 02-12-2014, 07:58 AM

I think it turned out fabulous, if it screams too loudly for you I would be glad to send you my address!
Old 02-12-2014, 08:14 AM

Yes, you do notice the yellow BUT in a good way. I think it is gorgeous & you have done a marvelous job !! Just love the blue with that pop of yellow. Enjoy the fruits of your labour. I would so love to do a bargello but do not feel I have the expertise to do it justice. Have only been quilting 3 years & have learned mostly on my own so I don't feel confident enough to tackle one. Yours is beautiful.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:56 AM
Power Poster

Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous and the light blue narrow border plus the larger outer border definitely tone down the yellow. Cute quilt inspector, reminds me of one of my cats.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:01 AM

I love it, just like it is.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:29 AM

I think it is just beautiful.....but I go for bright and cheerful quilts!!!!
Old 02-12-2014, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by callen View Post
Yes, you do notice the yellow BUT in a good way. I think it is gorgeous & you have done a marvelous job !! Just love the blue with that pop of yellow. Enjoy the fruits of your labour. I would so love to do a bargello but do not feel I have the expertise to do it justice. Have only been quilting 3 years & have learned mostly on my own so I don't feel confident enough to tackle one. Yours is beautiful.
Oh, I have to tell you that if I can do a Bargello, anyone can. I have been quilting four years, so I am no expert...and...I stitch in the ditch, even on a Bargello....(though not nearly in every ditch...just enough to satisfy the batting). So, see, I am just an experienced beginner. If you read the instructions carefully and keep your fabric in order, you can certainly make a Bargello!!

Thanks again, everyone for your comments. I have purchased the backing fabric and will finish this quilt up soon. It is a keeper.

Dina
Old 02-12-2014, 10:16 AM

For some reason, I feel compelled to add a picture of a Bargello I made in December. It is part of the reason why I "stewed" so much over the quilt I am finishing. I knew right off that I loved the first quilt, and I was wanting the same feeling for the new one. I really enjoyed knowing the whole time that I was sewing a quilt that I liked. (That is a rare feeling for me....can you tell I am a bit insecure as a quilter, yeah, I know you can.... But that is okay. I am what I am....)

Okay, here is my first Surf Song Bargello.

Dina
Attached Thumbnails s8001610.jpg  
Old 02-12-2014, 10:40 AM

Absolutely beautiful quilt! I'm not much of a yellow-and-blue fan, but this is eye-popping.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:48 AM

That's a beautiful quilt! I think the yellow is perfect, not too strong, but just a perfect complement to the graduated blues. I love blue and yellow together.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:56 AM

Beautiful quilt. If you are unhappy with it I will take it