Old 03-10-2009, 11:01 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by barnbum
    Oh don't be sorry--it gave me a giggle!! :D
    :D
    Old 03-10-2009, 03:36 PM
    Power Poster

:lol: Don't know how far south you are, but I'm just about sitting on the Gulf Coast and we don't eat road kill. There are a lot of jokes about it though. But I'll tell you, some people eat just about anything. Nutria is what yuks me out the most. I've tasted it and it tastes a lot like pork, but I still don't like the idea of eating those big rats. (There are farms that grow them.) Then there's possum and 'coon. Don't know about that. :? Alligator is good, love frogs, turtles. Fried alligator, fried frog legs or frog sauce piquante; turtle soup or sauce piquante. But no, I think the road kill is just a little Southern drama that the rest of the world likes to think that we do. I tell you what, you visit our area and we'll feed you well. You'll be hauling a few more pounds with you when you leave. Come and taste the bayou water. (We don't really drink bayou water. uggh.)

You know what, I think I'm inspired to try a quilt depicting the topic above. All I would need is patterns for the critters. [/quote]

LOL!!! I'm back, and boy i shouldn't have left when I did...got more interesting. Gail you sound like one heck of a cook, but I have a few more pounds on me now than I really need, lol.
    I had never heard of nutria before. wonder how a name that starts out like nutritious...end up on a rat? :shock: eww...I have eaten all the others you mentioned, and one time, probably bout 20+ years ago, now, I ate some bear. Best I can remember, it was ok.
    I think a quilt with our critters would be great. Were you thinking of a sampler, kind of like Melissa's chicken quilt? It would be a smash hit, here in Florida, lol!!! Maybe getting you mixed up with somebody else...did you say your hubby has a restaurant? cute to put on the wall...well, provided the patrons knew it was not the special of the day :shock:
    Old 03-10-2009, 05:38 PM

No, my hubby is a retired mechanic, turned truck driver for an oil related supplier. Our best friends have a catering business.

Actually the quilt that came to mind is an art quilt that would probably be a wall hanging.