Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 4.0 Now Closed for Sign-Ups-New Group Threads Created Pls See Page 28 >

Boomerang 4.0 Now Closed for Sign-Ups-New Group Threads Created Pls See Page 28

Boomerang 4.0 Now Closed for Sign-Ups-New Group Threads Created Pls See Page 28

Old 01-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Banned

It is times like this that I hate being a traditionalist!
I can not envision anything made out the fabrics shown thus far, except the pink batik!

Does anyone use calico prints any more??

wondering if I have something in here that might be useful!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]151418[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-151413.jpe  
Old 01-01-2011, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
I can not envision anything made out the fabrics shown thus far, except the pink batik!

But that's part of the fun...getting out of the box!

The creative juices flow once you have it in your prescence & can touch it.

Ummm...I don't use them, never liked them or paisley...but I'm sure lots do, they sure sell a bunch of them!

It sure looks like you've got some fun stuff to play with in there. What's on the table...that looks colorful? And I see some stuff on the shelves that pops right out!

Want help? Because it's WAY easier to do that then get off my butt & look in MY closet. We'll trade pics of our stash & go from there :p
Old 01-01-2011, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Originally Posted by Sweetness
I'm off to get lost in my stash and try to decide what I want to do with ya'll something I have or something I don't. In the box or outta the box...lol and here I was picking on April ;)
LOLOL Sounds like I am not the only one who has to get pickin tehee!
Hugs
April
Did I mention I'm being a lazy slug today?

My butt has been glued to this computer chair for a few hours now. ARGGGHHH...I need a computer in my sewing room! But then I'd never sew in there, I guess.

Is it bad I was just thinking that my chair has wheels and it's a direct shot down the hall from this room to my sewing room? *shakeshead* not a good way to start 2011...lol!
Old 01-01-2011, 07:09 PM

I see quite a few fabrics that will go well with my plain 'ol black.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by fryguymoore
I see quite a few fabrics that will go well with my plain 'ol black.

So that is black fabric? I just thought the picture didn't come out correctly! :D
Old 01-01-2011, 09:39 PM

I love calico and just did a little stash building of some! i like paisley also, but don't have any of that yet :)
Old 01-01-2011, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by jtapp9

I love calico and just did a little stash building of some! i like paisley also, but don't have any of that yet :)
Hmmm...I think I have a few fat quarters of paisely in the darkest depth of my stash closet. I'll try to find them for you & either send out with my initial piece or your returned block.

And that's what makes the world go round everyone likes something different :)
Old 01-01-2011, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by fryguymoore
I see that I am on the list, which is a good thing since I bought my fabric today!!!!! My Mom agreed to finish my blocks if my arms stays hurt. My Mom and I are spliting this swap. She lives full time in her RV so mail isn't that easy for her. I will send out her fabric and I'll forward half of the F8's I get to her. Those will be the lucky ones since she is a much better quilter than me :) This shouldn't require any extra effort on anyones part. Everything will still gothrough me. My Mom is vivnme. We will be in 1 swap together, with each of us doing 18 blocks. I hope this makes sense.
How fun! You might remember from the last round that I also split this swap with my mom. :)

I can't believe all of you with fabric picked out already? Not me... lol
I guess I'd better get busy!

I love what I am seeing so far!
Old 01-01-2011, 11:40 PM

Think I might use this material. I only have 3 yards so I'd have to get something else to go with it. I really do like it.

Unfortunately, I hate most of the REST of my stash...most of it is 10 years old and when I was married & now my tastes have sort of changed from mid 20's to late 30's.

Anyway...a definate contender:

Pic is a little dark. Background is light bright yellow with darker golden yellow dots. The colors are very "poppy", not dull.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]151670[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-151665.jpe  
Old 01-02-2011, 12:53 AM

It is picking the fabric that is the hardest part!!
I spent FOREVER at the LQS looking for the perfect fabric and kept going back and forth. I found some beautiful brights (pictured below) but couldn't decide on which one? I thought about doing the floral with the green, pink and gold but the colors are a tad muted so they might be hard to match. Then I came REALLY close to the floral in just pink and white but thought that might really limit folks :( So of course you know what happened right? Yep....I bought the brights for myself to make another quilt and found something TOTALLY different for the Boomerang Swap!! LOL :D I just decided that I wanted something with enough colors to allow everyone to use fabric from their stash and to allow for alot of options. So....I decided on the brown floral...never in my wildest dreams would I have pictured me picking anything brown but the other colors are just so pretty! The picture really doesn't do it justice. The blues and yellows are really pretty. I liked it so much that I am going to use it for both of my groups in hopes of actually making myself a quilt for my King size bed....I figure I can add sashing and borders as needed :D I'm SO excited!!!
Of course since the LQS was having such a GREAT sale, I decided to pick up some cute 30s fabrics too. I want to start making Hexs for a Grandmother's Flower Garden Quilt...aren't they cute! I am getting SO excited for 2011!!

The Bright pinks and greens that I'm going to do something with...LOL!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]151675[/ATTACH]

The Chosen one! This is what I'll be sending!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]151676[/ATTACH]

30s Hex Fabric for GFG I hope to start soon :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]151677[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-151670.jpe   attachment-151671.jpe   attachment-151672.jpe