Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question for any fabric dyeing/painting quilt artists >

Question for any fabric dyeing/painting quilt artists

Question for any fabric dyeing/painting quilt artists

Old 02-18-2011, 05:02 PM

Evening people (smile)
I have a question..I've been diligently researching fabric dyeing, painting with dyes, fabric paints- batik etc. for a while now - via online, tons of books, as well as various web sites on the subject... And although, I have learned so much..I have so many questions...I was wondering if any of you fabric artists know of a fabric dyeing and painting forum?.. Thank you so much for an suggestions..
Old 02-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Power Poster

i think there is a 'community' associated with 'DHARMA TRADING COMPANY' if you visit their web site there is a link to join the group. there are probably lots more but that's the only one i can think of right off hand- check locally too, we have an lqs that kind of specializes in textile art and is always having classes in dyeing techniques, batiking, fabric painting...all of it...you may have one close too.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:31 PM

ahh I hadn't thought of a Dharma group and I have checked everywhere online that I can think of..Thanks ckcowl!...I had asked my lqs about textile art classes at one time and they didn't offer any...I'll check back there again as well..
Old 02-18-2011, 05:42 PM

Well drats, I checked Dharmas site see no forum and or a group on there...All I do see is featured artists..nless I'm missing something... I'm going to go ahead and call them during business hours just on the off chance Iv'e missed it....
Old 02-18-2011, 05:43 PM

Well drats, I checked Dharmas site and see no forum and or a group on there...All I do see is featured artists..nless I'm missing something... I'm going to go ahead and call them during business hours just on the off chance Iv'e missed it....
Old 02-19-2011, 03:28 AM

Any other suggestions from other fabric dyers/painters?
Old 02-19-2011, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by ArtisticDesign
Any other suggestions from other fabric dyers/painters?
Experiment, I have loved the process, some things are a mess and get thrown right in the circle file, some have been a pleasant surprise, from each I learned. I keep a diary of what I have done, so I know what worked and what didn't.

I have posted a few photos, Painting & Quilting, a marriage in heaven in the picture section. Take a look :thumbup:
Old 02-19-2011, 06:53 PM

Hi gal288, ohh I plan on experimenting lol.. I just placed a huge order at Dharma (nonchalauntly kicking the reciept outta hubbys view ..lil laugh)... It just would have cut down on a lot of time researching if I could have found a forum to ask specific questions on... But, the stuff is on it's way now.. For better or worse.. I'm jumping in with both feet ( will post pictures - that I'm not too ashamed of as I go lol)
I'm off to go check out your pics!>>>>>

Love,Peace and Quilting

EDIT: Wow gal, your fabric painting and thread painting are gorgeous...Thank you bunches for the eye candy!