Back Into the World

Old 02-19-2011, 04:16 AM

Two weeks ago I went back to KS to visit my husband who was staying with his parents because his father was home on hospice. I haven't seen my husband in many weeks... While I was there, my FIL passed. So now I am finally back home, the house is a wreck, I haven't been at work, so I know everything has backed up there, my migraines are kicking in, I haven't been on here, so I have missed all you guys. Some how I'm not sure if I am even real. :-( There was one good thing that happened I did get some quilt blocks that belong to my mother, that were passed over to me (she passed away 6 years ago)...and that made me cry also. When I can get my head together I will post pics.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:29 AM

stress, stress, stress. That's what brings migranes on. Just take a deep breathe, go to a happy place & when things get done around the house, they get done. They aren't going to go any where & unless you have someone coming to clean, they will be there tomorrow! Not worth the headache. Hope you're better soon & sorry to hear about fil.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:32 AM

Just try to relax. Make time for you and do something you really enjoy. Everything else, although a mess will sort itself out.

Once you are rested and relaxed it will not seem so bad. Lots of good thoughts and relaxing wishes whizzing their way to you.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by MissM
Two weeks ago I went back to KS to visit my husband who was staying with his parents because his father was home on hospice. I haven't seen my husband in many weeks... While I was there, my FIL passed. So now I am finally back home, the house is a wreck, I haven't been at work, so I know everything has backed up there, my migraines are kicking in, I haven't been on here, so I have missed all you guys. Some how I'm not sure if I am even real. :-( There was one good thing that happened I did get some quilt blocks that belong to my mother, that were passed over to me (see passed away 6 years ago)...and that made me cry also. When I can get my head together I will post pics.
My thoughts are with you. That is a whole lot of stress at once. Just take one day at a time, and don't force yourself with too much to do. I too suffer from migraines, and know how debilitating they are. Watch your diet. Many of my migraines are diet based, can't eat chocolate, or drink coffee. I also have mold allergies, so no pizza, etc. Makes me feel much better without those things in my life. I lost my mother and father-in-law in the same month, so I know how tough this time is for you. You need to mourn. Again, take one day at a time.... Good Luck!
Old 02-19-2011, 04:45 AM
Power Poster

Sweetie, what an overwhelming few weeks you've had! Glad you're back with us and sorry about all this.
Glad you posted.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:47 AM

Hugs, condolances, best wishes, prayers headed your way.

Get plenty of rest, eat right, face one piece of the 'mountain' at a time.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:57 AM

Not a fun time for you. Stop and take a breath and things will fall into place. Thoughts going out to you.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:11 AM
Power Poster

Hugs! I hope you are feeling better soon. I am sure its good to be home, we missed you!