Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How much fabric do you really have??? >

How much fabric do you really have???

How much fabric do you really have???

Old 03-29-2011, 08:16 AM

I've spent my whole income tax check on fabric. It took me 6 weeks, but there is an online store that knows me by name. I currently have 80 yes eighty (still the same no matter how many ways you spell it) 'kits' ready to do at any given moment. And that's just the one's that I've got bagged. It doesn't count the collections that I've bought that won't fit in bags (Chocolat, Poetry Collection, Belle, Fuschia, He Loves Me and many more). I see it, I buy it. It probably won't be there when I go back. We all have had that happen to us. I will probably post some for sale here because I will NEVER be able to use it all up. I have told my daughter after I die, she gets the Gammill and her choice of kits. Then I want her to give certain kits to my SIL's, Niece and Sister. The rest is hers. Maybe after I get my fabric room together I'll post a picture. My webshots pictures shows a day that I received 20 packages in the mail. Only one was for my hubby. I'm a fabric addict. Sometimes I just stroke the fabric, knowing how much joy it will bring in a quilt. I would say I have over 3000 yards. And that's being conservative. Yes, I think I'll be putting some on here for sale.

Is there anyone out there who has this addiction too? What about the fabric makes you want to keep buying?
Old 03-29-2011, 08:17 AM
Power Poster

I would love to play in your fabric.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by clynns
I've spent my whole income tax check on fabric. It took me 6 weeks, but there is an online store that knows me by name. I currently have 80 yes eighty (still the same no matter how many ways you spell it) 'kits' ready to do at any given moment. And that's just the one's that I've got bagged. It doesn't count the collections that I've bought that won't fit in bags (Chocolat, Poetry Collection, Belle, Fuschia, He Loves Me and many more). I see it, I buy it. It probably won't be there when I go back. We all have had that happen to us. I will probably post some for sale here because I will NEVER be able to use it all up. I have told my daughter after I die, she gets the Gammill and her choice of kits. Then I want her to give certain kits to my SIL's, Niece and Sister. The rest is hers. Maybe after I get my fabric room together I'll post a picture. My webshots pictures shows a day that I received 20 packages in the mail. Only one was for my hubby. I'm a fabric addict. Sometimes I just stroke the fabric, knowing how much joy it will bring in a quilt. I would say I have over 3000 yards. And that's being conservative. Yes, I think I'll be putting some on here for sale.

Is there anyone out there who has this addiction too? What about the fabric makes you want to keep buying?
HOLY COW!!!!! I don't even have a fraction of that! I did buy 3 bolts w/5 yards on them when Wal-Mart was getting ready to stop selling fabric when I visited our Aunt....the rest is scraps or some fat quarters. Oh, you definately have a collection!
Old 03-29-2011, 08:21 AM
np3
Power Poster

I don't have that much!
Old 03-29-2011, 08:22 AM

I have a small stash of fabric. I have 2 of the cabinets with doors that came from Walmart full of fabric. I love the look, smell and feel of fabric. I would love to have one more cabinet filled up. And I am slowly getting there. I am letting myself buy about $50 to $100 a month in fabric.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:22 AM

You've got me beat. Holy cow. You better get off the computer and get busy. :shock:
Old 03-29-2011, 08:35 AM
Power Poster

Did you say 80 kits! OMG I don't even know what to say lol
Old 03-29-2011, 08:56 AM
Power Poster

Have you ever thought about opening a quilt shop???? That's a lot of fabric.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I don't even want to try and figure out how much I have. I did spend a good chunk of our tax return on fabric.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:15 PM

Geesh! I'm speachless. If I am able to spend $10.00 a month I consider myself lucky. I do have a ton of fabric, but not to that extreme. Have fun.