Boomerang 5.0-EAST Group

Old 08-20-2011, 01:23 PM

Received grown up block from Kathy N. I love it - thank you so much
Old 08-20-2011, 03:43 PM

I got my replacement block I will post a picture soon thank you so much.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:43 PM

Am so sad! my poor old janome has to go see the repair man ASAP making funny (odd not HA HA) noises. Im doin the Happy Happy dance She is a real trouper stuck it out untill tonight at 8:30 PM when I turned off the light, finally got all blocks made will be sent out Monday AM, between Mom in and out of hospital, DGK here off and on for weeks at a time all summer. Son getting divorce, illness and general Life happening I wasn't sure I'd get them done!LOL I work pretty good unger pressure, even if I do say so myself.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:07 AM

I'm back Gramie bj i know what you mean. Why is it when we have so much to do that is when life seems to want to screw it up. I have my mothers Janome, each one of my girls has one of moms machines. anyway it needs to go to the doctor too, so when i take my father to the dr. this week 50 miles from home so will go the machine. Ladies i need to get all my blocks done yet. Life has interfered, not spelled right, I will have all of them done no later than the end of sept. Please be patient with me.
Between life and illnesses i have never touched my sewing machine. How i wish i had time to sit and sew. I guess my grandchildren won't get their quilts for christmas. Oh well the rest of my christmas is done. The only thing i have left if what i am making. The one thing i am getting done is Embrodiered pillowcase dolls. The only way i am getting them done is i work on them at lunch time at work.
I am making one for each one of the granddaughters and i am taking 2 sets of pillowcases that was made for me by my great grandmother for my wedding in 69,and making one for each one of my daughters. Now i only need the time to cut them out and sew them
Old 08-21-2011, 06:54 AM

Received grown up block from reeskyler. Love the "Trellis" pattern. Thank you so much
Old 08-21-2011, 07:58 AM

Brenda 5 and everyone else that has experienced lifes detours (including me). I can wait on my block as some of mine probably won't make the deadline and I am sorry for that. My husbands surgery has been postponed and don't know when it will be rescheduled.
Take care of the things that life puts in our way and the rest will fall into place.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:35 AM

Mailed finished block to Scollard. Hope she likes it. Joan
Old 08-21-2011, 11:03 AM

Crafty and rejenea -- Glad to know they arrived safely! Thanks for the smilies!
Old 08-21-2011, 12:49 PM

Received my grownup block yesterday from kathyn. Lookin' good ladies :). This top should be terrific!

Sending out the block for rejenea tomorrow. You can peek on page 8 or 9 of the other link under my name if you wish to.

Update:
Only have one f8 to work on -- Scollard's

Everyone else should have their blocks back from me (or they were mailed this past week) .... I haven't received confirmation of receipt from quite a few so I'm hoping they made their way home.

Blocks not received from:

Patriotic fabric:
brenda5
cherylw
dogsgod
frogquilter
gramiebj
jaciqltznok

Rainbow fabric:
lmattick
nursebonnie
quiltermomma
scollard
shaysmema
tolepainter54

letsquilt had to drop out but sure hope she keeps my f8 for her stash and that life gets better for her. It looks like she has been a member for quite some time with some nice projects in the past.

wanda123 doesn't appear to have replied to anyone but she is welcome to keep my f8 for her stash also -- hoping everything is okay with her

Please let me know if this isn't correct with your records.

from kathyn
[ATTACH=CONFIG]244776[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-244770.jpe  
Old 08-21-2011, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by bibliostone
Received a beautiful blue and yellow block from dogsgod today. Thanks! I will post a picture later, just wanted you to know it arrived.
Here is the cropped image of the block from dogsgod. The block does have 1/4 inch seam allowance on the points, but I can never take a square photo, so when I crop them, the outside edges get cut off.

from dogsgod
[ATTACH=CONFIG]244852[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-244846.jpe