Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fitted Sewing Table Extension >

Fitted Sewing Table Extension

Fitted Sewing Table Extension

Old 06-18-2011, 12:37 PM

Does anyone know where I can get one of those lexan extension tables that fits your sewing machine. I have seen them in Sewing Centers but they are so expensive.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:42 PM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by Maureen
Does anyone know where I can get one of those lexan extension tables that fits your sewing machine. I have seen them in Sewing Centers but they are so expensive.
They run upwards of $70, more if you get them directly from the manufacturer (thank you , Bernina :roll: ).

http://www.allbrands.com/products/ab...ogle&ovtac=CMP

You can make your own by going to any glass or lucite place and having them cut it for you. You'd have to supply the cut-out shape, and the exact height you'd need the legs for YOUR machine.

You can also make one out of insulation board. This video has one covering the whole table, but you can make it to size of the extension table (18X24) . Your choice. And it's a lot less moola and no less effective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g14govA4pIM
There is a Part 2.
Google Goddess

I got a plastic one at Joanns and used 50% coupon it is the one that goes around the rotary cutter machine but works on my sewing machine, bought it for $15.00

they are, indeed, very expensive. i was lucky enough to receive one for christmas. maybe you can talk to santa like i did. of course i had to ask several times but he (santa=my son) finally came thru.

some people have gone to a local plexiglas cutting place and had one made. don't know if it is cheaper.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:44 PM

[quote=craftybear]I got a plastic one at Joanns and used 50% coupon it is the one that goes around the rotary cutter machine but works on my sewing machine, bought it for $15.00

i wondered if that one would work. it would definitely be worth the time to do some measurements.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:11 PM

I ordered mine from viking through their store near me. I had looked at the oue in Joans but it would not fit.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:27 PM

I got one at Joanns earlier this month because I thought it would fit my little FW. Nope just a titch too big, asked hubby if he could cut out a piece. didn't ans. I got mine for 20 as it was on clearance and could use no coupon.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:01 PM

I went there tonight, they had a large one and a small one. They would not let me use a coupon. It is printed right on the coupon that brand cannot be used with a coupon. Did you get the big one or the small one? The legs looked short on the smaller one.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:09 PM

Definitely wouldn't use glass. Use a thick acrylic or plexiglass.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:17 AM

got the big one. was clearanced out. only one they had. They have legs about 2 3/4 inches once they are in the holes. I bought a huge piece of plexiglass last year and couldn't find anything that would work for legs. I have not cut that yet. I think I will just put it in the same area as the extension table when I have large pieces. I am thinking of blocks. I have some baby ones that I maybe can use. double face tape or something.