Happy News From Walmart

Old 09-26-2011, 02:10 PM

Happy Days are here again. Walmart fabric is coming to our store again. It is not the one closest to us, but it is straight down the highway about 12 miles. My DH used to work there before his cancer. We were there today so he could say hi to some of his coworkers who have recently sent him "We Miss You" cards. His closest friend there told us that fabric will be back in the store in about 2 weeks. They are setting up the department already. The fabrics will be cut by the yard. There will still be FQs and Jelly Rolls (which they didn't do away with when they closed the department) but there will be a much larger selection.They are getting in almost as much fabric and threads as they had before (a lot.) We stopped by the department and talked to the fabric manager on our way out.

I really didn't think they would bring it back to any of the local stores because they are classified as Beach Stores and I was told by one Assistant Store Manager recently that the floor space is needed for beach items. I'm glad he was wrong. :) I can't wait. By the time the two weeks are up, I will have my next months fabric budget to spend. :)
Old 09-26-2011, 02:32 PM

I am doing the happy dance for you!!!
Old 09-26-2011, 02:42 PM

YAY! I still need to check out my WM. I was at my Mom's over the weekend and they've put in a whole aisle of flannel. Couldn't see that much else had been added but the flannel sure looked good.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Power Poster

Lucky you