Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you ever get addicted to something and don't know why? >

Do you ever get addicted to something and don't know why?

Do you ever get addicted to something and don't know why?

Old 10-25-2011, 05:07 AM

Right now I am addicted to peanut butter on celery. Every day when I get home from work, I have to have a couple of pieces of celery with peanut butter. I don't why I am addicted to this. Maybe my body is lacking some type of nutrients. I wish this addiction would just go away, too much fat in peanut butter, eventhough I just heard that it has the good fat (is there such a thing).
Old 10-25-2011, 05:09 AM

ohhhhh you mean FOOD - I thought you meant this board! :)

I get addicted to certain foods 'seasonally' only because they're at their best or only available during certain seasons or holidays. Taffy apples, pomegranites, Peeps (only at Easter):), fresh fall apples, vine ripe tomatoes, etc.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:11 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Opal Jane
Right now I am addicted to peanut butter on celery. Every day when I get home from work, I have to have a couple of pieces of celery with peanut butter. I don't why I am addicted to this. Maybe my body is lacking some type of nutrients. I wish this addiction would just go away, too much fat in peanut butter, eventhough I just heard that it has the good fat (is there such a thing).
More the question is ... are you truly hungry at those times? or are you grabbing something to eat out of habit?
Old 10-25-2011, 05:25 AM

I love to crunch on ice cubes, I was told that I needed more iron!
Right now I can't get enough of pimiento cheese spread,has to be Kraft in the tiny jars(I have enough juice glasses for a life time).
put it on a saltine and eat the whole jar!
Old 10-25-2011, 05:29 AM

At the beginning of the month, I had to have Ritz crackers, peanut butter and cream cheese. Talk about calories....thank goodness my Dodger was right there drooling to help eat all that she could. LOL. I do think it has something to do with needing something from a food group...but it could also be something that just tastes really good and we want more.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:29 AM

I call them cravings as they don't seem to last long enough to be an addiction: half sour pickles, gingersnaps, once it was Taco Bell tostadas?! They usually don't last very long for me. I figured they were a nutritional deficiency too.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:39 AM

Right now I'm on a salsa sour cream and tortilla chips kick, previously it was Jalopeno cheese and rosemary wheat thins, Oh and lets not forget the baked beens and cottage cheese mixed together I had that for about a month straight. Garlic bread and salad kick for awhile too. Now I dont want any of those just the salsa mixture.....I blame hormones!
Old 10-25-2011, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
ohhhhh you mean FOOD - I thought you meant this board! :)

I get addicted to certain foods 'seasonally' only because they're at their best or only available during certain seasons or holidays. Taffy apples, pomegranites, Peeps (only at Easter):), fresh fall apples, vine ripe tomatoes, etc.
I normally do the fresh tomato addiction also, but this year our tomatos didnt do well, maybe that explains my salsa addiction right now?
Old 10-25-2011, 05:48 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Oh gosh yes!
Right now I've been craving mashed instant potatoes and saltine crackers together. I ran out of crackers the other day and I think I'm about to die. LOL!
Old 10-25-2011, 05:50 AM

You all can't be expecting, can you?

FREE Quilting Newsletter