Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Who has the Laura Ashley Innov-ís NX2000? >

Who has the Laura Ashley Innov-ís NX2000?

Who has the Laura Ashley Innov-ís NX2000?

Old 11-19-2011, 11:19 AM

Default Who has the Laura Ashley Innov-ís NX2000?

Would love to hear from those who have the Laura Ashley Innov-ís NX2000. I went to our local dealer this morning to look into an upgrade, as I wanted to check out the Janome 6600. The rep let me try out the 6600, but also she pointed to the Laura Ashley. Needless to say after trying it out, I fell in love with it. It would be a huge upgrade from my Brother SQ 9050!

Would appreciate any and all input, pros and cons.

TIA,
Sharon
Old 11-19-2011, 12:04 PM

I have this machine and LOVE it. It is a very user friendly machine. The stitches are beautiful and it comes with so many presser feet and accessories. I got it in October and am learning each time I use it. I like the different needle positions, the large table, the way it cuts the thread and the fact that I can program it to lift the presser foot and cut the thread when I stop sewing. The lights are good and the decorative stitches I have used turned out great.

Good luck making your decision. I have no regrets about getting mine and look forward to sewing with it every day for years to come.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:47 PM

I have the babylock Espire,which is the older model, for 2 years now, and I have never regreted my purchase, sews like a dream, have never had any problems, very user friendly like she says, the AHA feature is what really makes it worth it, you hardly ever have to fiddle with tension, the machine does it for you , you can change thread fabrics, thicknesses and never even touch the tension settings, FMQ stitches come out nice, now I just have to learn the move the fabric right to get the stitches more even, but the tension on the FMQ is excellent, love presser foot knee lifter, love pivoting feature, very nice for applique, as are the stitches, and I am still growing with my machine so you won't get tired of it as I still learn new things every day. I would go for it. I though about upgrading but couldn't justify it as I had only had my machine a year and the only difference was the added stitches and a few more attachments. I just bought the attachments.

Last edited by Dolphyngyrl; 11-19-2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: typos
Old 11-19-2011, 02:49 PM

I would keep the little brother, the little ones still come in handy
Old 11-19-2011, 02:58 PM

I have had the Laura Ashley machine for the past year. It is a wonderful machine. The stitches are great! I love the automatic threader, There isn't anything I don't like about it. I have a Bernina 440 QE as well and find I only use the Innovis. My only semi regret is I don't have the model with the embroidery module. I didn't think I was interested in that, but now I see companies coming up with software that uses embroidery machines to help with piecing "in the hoop" I'm second guessing myself. I can make beautiful things with this machine, but there is always another gadget..
Old 11-19-2011, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by SharonTX View Post
Would love to hear from those who have the Laura Ashley Innov-ís NX2000. I went to our local dealer this morning to look into an upgrade, as I wanted to check out the Janome 6600. The rep let me try out the 6600, but also she pointed to the Laura Ashley. Needless to say after trying it out, I fell in love with it. It would be a huge upgrade from my Brother SQ 9050!

Would appreciate any and all input, pros and cons.

TIA,
Sharon
How much is the Innov-is NX2000. I really like what it can do. There is a great deal if you purchase one before 11/27. Thank you. Yolanda Wood River
Old 11-19-2011, 06:10 PM

The one I tried out this morning, is going for $1900.00! Hubby and I discussed it and IF I decide to go for it, we will use the layaway plan after the Christmas holidays, as our dealer let us know that's an option.

Thank you all for your input would love to hear from others. I will be keeping the current machine as I am hoping my daughter will use it eventually.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:22 PM

I have the Janome 6600, and since you mentioned that I'll tell you what I think about it. I LOVE IT!!! It has the larger bed for quilting and the built in walking foot. I would try it and consider it before spending that much $$$$ on anything. I do have a Babylock Dec Choice and I love that too, but it doesn't have the heavy duty feeling of the 6600. For that price you could also check out the Pfaff Expression line. They have a 10" bed and a built in walking foot also.

Good luck and Happy Shopping!!
Old 11-19-2011, 06:22 PM

Love mine. Just going to do some applique work on a quilt now.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:31 PM

I just purchased the Janome after drueling over it for some time.... and wonder what took me so long? I LOVE IT!!! It sews beautifully, and I have sewn everything from quilts to Bean Bag Chairs..... and it hasn't questioned me on anything!!!