Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
maybe its the slump of the holidays >

maybe its the slump of the holidays

maybe its the slump of the holidays

Old 12-27-2011, 03:01 PM

Default maybe its the slump of the holidays

But I haven't done any sewing in weeks! and feel like I am at a loss reason for not wanting to get in there and start doing what needs done! I am going to fold and put away the remainder of Christmas fabric for next year, I have things I need to do and just can't seem to get started!

anyone else like this?? So what do we do??

Last edited by Psychomomquilter; 12-27-2011 at 03:03 PM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 12-27-2011, 04:16 PM

I'm in the same rut as you maybe we need to push each other out of the rut and back into the sewing room! (today though it feels like it's a deep ditch on this end lol)
Old 12-27-2011, 06:24 PM

especially with it raining here! I have the blahs!! and maybe we do need to get each other motivated, somehow,

well looking at the patterns I have, and looking at other patterns on here,or ones online, nothing has grabbed me "yet"!

Valentines a month away, could think on that?
Old 12-27-2011, 06:51 PM

Instead of starting with something you need to do, start with something you want to do.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:54 PM

Take a nap (smile). Warm a hot cup of coffee or cocoa and pull out that book you have been meaning to start or go visit a friend that has not been visited for too long. All will be well and sewing inspiration will begin again.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:58 PM

Yes, I am going through it also - I usually experience this around the same time every year - I think it has to do with the weather and not so much sun - it just takes the body a little time to adjust to less sunlight - at least that is my opinion - I can't wait to get out of this slump because I have new fabric coming in and just can't make myself go to the sewing machine. Hang in there - we will get past this - just takes a little time.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by lisalovesquilting View Post
Instead of starting with something you need to do, start with something you want to do.
I'd love to start on something new! Only problem with that is my quilting DD has threatened me with bodily harm if I don't get at least a couple of UFOs done. I think that's why I haven't set my machine up again. I WANT to start something new.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:06 AM

I am going to take Murphys advice, SMILE, fix a cup of hot chocolate(with marshmallows) and read a book, then maybe take a nap! hehehehe, yes the inspiration will come"soon!" sounds like a winner to me, oh and sun is shining brightly today so yippee maybe the doldrums will fade... hot chocolate coming up. oh thats right ! chocolate is supposed to do something for us???!!!
Old 12-29-2011, 06:46 AM
Power Poster

When I have house work to do but want to quilt....I set my timer for 30 min or so and do a dreaded chore. I think that could work in reverse. Set a timer and spend the time doing quilty things. However, I couldn't wait to get into a new quilt on Monday. I want to do something for fun and not the pressure of Christmas gifts. Happy quilting!
Old 12-29-2011, 07:07 AM

well looks like the chocolate did the trick, anyway the other day. I also am looking forward to starting sewing projects. on eat a time that is!