Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Advice required from UK members re Lakeland slider substitute >

Advice required from UK members re Lakeland slider substitute

Advice required from UK members re Lakeland slider substitute

Old 01-14-2012, 12:11 PM

Lightbulb Advice required from UK members re Lakeland slider substitute

I seem to remember many many months ago reading on the board, I think, that Lakeland sell a good substitue for the slider, that helps when you are fmq, I got a small catalogue in the Daily Mail today and on page 5 there is a magic non stick liner and was wondering if this was it
Hope it is at it is so much cheaper than the real thing.
Katherine
Old 01-14-2012, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by MAXIES2 View Post
I seem to remember many many months ago reading on the board, I think, that Lakeland sell a good substitue for the slider, that helps when you are fmq, I got a small catalogue in the Daily Mail today and on page 5 there is a magic non stick liner and was wondering if this was it
Hope it is at it is so much cheaper than the real thing.
Katherine
I'd love to know about this too, so have just done a search and found this post from 2008:

"I have recent taught myself to do free motion stipple. Have a look at www.sharonschambernetwork.com - an excellent tutorial. I also learned the value of sticking some teflon sheet onto the machine (with masking tape) with a hole cut in for the needle. On line I fould a Supreme Free Motion Slider which would have cost me about $40 to have sent to UK. However here in the UK we have a store called Lakeland and they sell teflon sheet under the name of "magic carpet" for far less, about £5 I think. Teflon sheets are also called craft sheets and I found these on line also but not very big. The teflon just takes all the effort out and you get nice smooth lines and curves."

I've just looked on Google and on Lakeland's site, and there doesn't seem to be a product caled "Magic Carpet" any more, but it does look as if the non-stick liner may be the same sort of thing. Worth a try - I think I'll get one next time I'm at Lakeland. If it doesn't work for FMQ, it'l be useful in the kitchen! Thanks for pointing this out.