Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Recent Topics >

Recent Topics

Recent Topics

Old 03-27-2012, 08:50 AM

Default Recent Topics

Is anyone else having a problem with recent topics not taking out the already viewed topics. Mine was working fine until yesterday, but can't seem to get it to work now.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:07 AM

I've always had problems with this newly revised forum.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:21 AM

Default How to Post

I do not understand how to post and add a picture. I thought I knew how a few days ago, but today I can not get anywhere. Probably just me, but help help, please.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:46 AM

Will be watching the help you receive. I can't post pictures either and have done everything others have told me to do. Maybe someone will have a new idea.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:39 AM

Trying to figure out this "new" format is crazy. I go directly to Archives, which I though had all the new posts etc., but then occasionally I will click on to something else and discover that not everything has been posted in Archives. I don't have time to search every nook and cranny of this new set up to find out what's going on everyday...... once again, what was wrong with the old site? You know....... " if it ain't broke".........
Old 03-27-2012, 01:44 PM
Administrator

and once again ... the old software was not working and could no longer be patched together. it had to go. and we will not go back.

It’s unfortunate, but we had to remove that feature.
When they added "Unread Threads" for us, it caused the “View First Unread” feature to malfunction.
They will keep trying and testing to make them both work correctly at the same time, but for now we can have only one or the other.

Since it’s easier to find a thread we haven’t looked at yet for the first time than it is to go into a thread and find the first comment we haven’t seen yet, we decided to restore “View First Unread”.
I’m confident we will have both someday. Just not today.
Patience is not my strong suit, so I will easily sympathize with everybody else who longs for both at once.

If it’s any consolation, I will miss the Unread Threads, too.

It took more than four years for the old owner to get the old version working nearly the way most of us wanted it to.
When he sold it and moved on he took his intimate knowledge of all the deepest, darkest nooks and crannies of his customization with him.

Even though he and the tech team from our current owners spent some months together, there was no way, really, to cover every detail or possibility.

Once the old software started to break down beyond the point of repair they went in search of a new platform.

I think the tech team has done surprisingly well in the relatively short time we’ve been live on this platform - especially considering how demanding we are. LOL
Old 03-28-2012, 08:25 AM
Power Poster

I like the new forum just as much as the old. Maybe not being real smart about technology works for me.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:14 AM

I so understand, the computer world can be quite frustrating. While I will continue to enjoy this site, for what it's worth, I would rather we have the "unread threads" back rather than the "last post". I find it easier to go the "last" post of subscribed threads and work my way backwards, while the unavailability of "unread threads" requires me to go through many more pages looking for what I haven't already read. Just my 2 cents : )
Old 03-29-2012, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
When they added "Unread Threads" for us, it caused the “View First Unread” feature to malfunction.
They will keep trying and testing to make them both work correctly at the same time, but for now we can have only one or the other.

Since it’s easier to find a thread we haven’t looked at yet for the first time than it is to go into a thread and find the first comment we haven’t seen yet, we decided to restore “View First Unread”.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU...yes, I am shouting with pleasure. It's so wonderful to have that back and it is now back for long threads like the Vintage one or the monthly swaps.

It will be nice when they get them both working together, but for me you made the correct choice.