Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Happy discovery...an easy override for the low bobbin sensor! >

Happy discovery...an easy override for the low bobbin sensor!

Happy discovery...an easy override for the low bobbin sensor!

Old 06-04-2012, 04:08 PM

Default Happy discovery...an easy override for the low bobbin sensor!

Ok, for the first time, the low bobbin alert came onto the screen on my new machine. I was hoping it would allow me to continue to stitch out the remaining bobbin thread, but no---the machine kept stopping with every little bit of stitching, requiring a wait until the alert disappeared each time. I remembered someone on here who had a different machine from mine saying she'd put a bit of tape over the sensor when she wanted to finish off the bobbin thread, so I opened the door and took a peek in to see if anything was obviously the sensor. Well, I didn't see anything, so I continued sewing, and low and behold! I forgot to close the bobbin access door, and the open door overrides the low bobbin alert! Yay! I got to finish off the bobbin thread, and it turns out there was still a good bit on there---I did several more seams in my block.
Sooo....If your machine has a low bobbin alert which prevents you from continuing to sew, try leaving the bobbin access door open to finish out that thread.
Oh, btw, my machine is a Babylock Serenade.

Last edited by JustAbitCrazy; 06-04-2012 at 04:10 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 06-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Power Poster

That's good to know! I will feel pretty smart when someone at guild complains about this very thing and I have the answer! LOL. Thanks. Also did you know to outsmart the auto turn off on an iron? I found this out by accident too. I have an iron holder that is like a wedge. I had it turned around where the iron nose was pointing down instead of upward and the auto shut off didn't turn off the iron. It has worked on every iron I used that has the auto shut off.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:37 PM

BellaBoo, thanks so much! I have that iron holder, too, attached to the end of the ironing board, but I never put the iron in upside down. That'll come in handy when I'm running back and forth between piecing and pressing, piecing and pressing. Kewl.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:20 PM

Thank you, I will try that with my babylock espire
Old 06-04-2012, 06:32 PM

As for the bobbin sensor, it works exactly the same for those of us who have the Singer Quantum L-500. Gotta leave the bobbin door open or there's a lot of wasted thread!
Old 06-04-2012, 06:44 PM

That works on my Pfaff 1475CD also.

Darren
Old 06-04-2012, 10:14 PM

Thanks for the tip. I will use it on my new Seranade, too.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Power Poster

I have a Viking. When the low bobbin thread indicator came on, I would dismiss the message sew 3 stitches and it would come on again. i found out that if you don't dismiss the message, you can just keep sewing with the warning on the screen.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
I have a Viking. When the low bobbin thread indicator came on, I would dismiss the message sew 3 stitches and it would come on again. i found out that if you don't dismiss the message, you can just keep sewing with the warning on the screen.
What Viking do you have? I get so frustrated at all the wasted thread. I don't mind it as much when I'm embroidering because even though my machine makes it easier to go back it's still a pain because I'm so new. When you are just sewing you want to keep on especially when you are close to the end. I have the Ruby.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:39 AM

I'm just the opposite of all of you - first, I never knew there was such a thing as a sensor and always thought there should be, and second, how I wish my machine had one. I can't tell you how many times I have been happily sewing along, only to realize my bobbin thread had run out ages ago!