Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Know any LQSs in southwestern PA,  western MD or northern WV? >

Know any LQSs in southwestern PA, western MD or northern WV?

Know any LQSs in southwestern PA, western MD or northern WV?

Old 08-17-2012, 11:32 AM

Default Know any LQSs in southwestern PA, western MD or northern WV?

In a few weeks, my DH is riding his bike from Pittsburgh to DC on the Great Alleghany Passage and C&O Canal trails. No me! I will be in the area, driving wherever needed, delivering meals and providing whatever support he needs. That will give me time to explore the area.

I know the LQSs in the DC area (love ya G STreet!), but not in the other areas. Can anyone recommend an LQS near McKeesport, Connellsville, Confluence, or Somerset PA; Frostburg, Cumberland, Hancock or Hagerstown MD; or Berkeley Springs or Harpers Ferry WV?

As always, many thanks to this board and to anyone who can help me avoid terminal boredom by enhancing my stash in this region.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:39 PM

I stopped at Wilson's in Hagerstown md when I was up there briefly for a concert. It was nice and good sized. The staff was friendly. I also noticed one called traditions at the white swan when I did a google search but didn't get to check it out....
Old 08-17-2012, 06:47 PM

There is o fairly new one in Monroeville, Pa. (not far from McKeesport) It's called Creative Stitches Cafe---and it's on Mosside Blvd. Small----but nice!
Old 08-17-2012, 06:54 PM

Scottdale is close to Connellsville and they have a lovely little quilt shop there and Uniontown isn't that far from that one either. You can find them under 2012 western PA quilt shop hop When are you coming through because there is a quilt show from the Scottdale guild in September
Old 08-17-2012, 07:19 PM

I can highly recommend Quilter's Corner in Finleyville, PA. It's about a 30-40 minute drive from McKeesport. It's on Rt. 88, and there's an exit off of the new Turnpike 43 about 5 minutes from the quilt shop, so there's easy access from Rt. 51 (near McKeesport) to Rt. 43 South, (make a left off the ramp, then a right at the light) onto Rt. 88, the shop is not far down the road on the left. Have fun shopping!