Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Info. on a Cinderella Machine? >

Info. on a Cinderella Machine?

Info. on a Cinderella Machine?

Old 08-25-2012, 04:19 PM

Default Info. on a Cinderella Machine?

I saw a cute little Cinderella sewing machine at a flea market today. The case didn't look so good, but the machine looked almost new. It was, however, missing the plate that slides over the bobbin area. I didn't buy it because I wasn't sure if I could find a replacement for the missing plate. Any info. would be appreciated, all I can find is that it is a Japanese clone, 1/2 size machine. Are parts available? Is it worth pursing?
Thanks!
Old 08-26-2012, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by lovelyl View Post
I saw a cute little Cinderella sewing machine at a flea market today. The case didn't look so good, but the machine looked almost new. It was, however, missing the plate that slides over the bobbin area. I didn't buy it because I wasn't sure if I could find a replacement for the missing plate. Any info. would be appreciated, all I can find is that it is a Japanese clone, 1/2 size machine. Are parts available? Is it worth pursing?
Thanks!
Lovelyl, ask this question in the VSMS thread. Cathy or Pat will be able to answer your questions on this machine since one of them owns a Cinderella.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Lovelyl, ask this question in the VSMS thread. Cathy or Pat will be able to answer your questions on this machine since one of them owns a Cinderella.
Thanks! I thought that was were I posted, but will try again. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 08-27-2012, 07:05 AM

I looked this up on the internet...it looks like a lovely machine...out of curiosity, how much were they asking? There is one on eBay for $225.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by CanadianGirl View Post
I looked this up on the internet...it looks like a lovely machine...out of curiosity, how much were they asking? There is one on eBay for $225.
Before I tell you how much, let me explain. It was VERY hot, and I was beginning to feel sick from the heat. I would have had to carry the machine a looooong way to the car. He was only asking $10.00. Am I an idiot or what? There were some things missing, it was sitting under a table and I was just feeling too bad to mess with it then. I went back the next day and the vendor wasn't there. I will try again next weekend. I can't believe I walked off and left it. I have been "kicking" myself ever since. Please don't throw me out of the Vintage Machine Club for my stupid actions!!!!