Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Comic Board pictures and organized fabric information >

Comic Board pictures and organized fabric information

Comic Board pictures and organized fabric information

Old 10-22-2012, 12:29 PM

Default Comic Board pictures and organized fabric information

I saw this a while ago on here and decided to investigate these boards. I went online and found the following site and ordered the boards, was a great price. $11 for 100 boards and I bought 300 and have 100 still left over to work with. www.bcwsupplies.com Also, u can go to the yellow pages in your phone book and look for comic book stores and go there but I did not want to go that route. Here are some pics of before and after using the boards, they save a lot of room. I use to use the Jo Ann fabric boards for free but too much room taken up. I will have the material set upright when I start organizing my new quilt room in the cellar but for now they are laying sideways, have to adjust shelfing too. Hope this helps give some information and shows you how much space u can save, just love them!!!! Look at the small book shelf I used to set them in, wow.......compared to the bigger shelf storage huh.......hope this helps a lot of u to decide to use these boards, love them.......The thicker ones are 3 yds. wrapped and the thinner ones are 1 yd. wrapped, u can wrap up to 8 yds. they say...........wow, enjoy all
[ATTACH=CONFIG]371709[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]371711[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]371720[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]371723[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]371726[/ATTACH]

Shar
Attached Thumbnails dscf8480.jpg   dscf8459.jpg   dscf8458.jpg   dscf8451.jpg   dscf8461.jpg  

Last edited by Quilted Dogs; 10-22-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:36 PM

Very nice!! I will have to look into these boards! Thanks for sharing!!
Old 10-23-2012, 03:16 PM

Your fabric looks so nice on those boards.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:39 PM

Saw this today ladies, mayb u will b interested at looking at the pics here, her room is fantastic and shows how nice it can be when u use the boards, wowed me for sure.........

http://www.quiltingboard.com/mission...e-t192696.html

Shar
Old 10-23-2012, 04:54 PM

I agree with you. Just this week my order of the comic book boards arrived from Amazon. I am slowly beginning to wrap my fabric on them. I can already tell it will make a great difference. One day I hope to have all of my fabric together instead of all over my home. A girl can dream and sometimes, dreams will come true. Getting the boards and beginning was most of the battle!
Old 10-23-2012, 09:44 PM

I love them! Fabric is so easy to see and it is pretty. You can add a small tag with the amount of fabric too.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:46 AM

Could you please tell me when you order the comic book boards - what size do you order. I noticed on Amazon it said something about regular size comic books and I don't have a clue which is the best size to get for fabric. Thank you
Old 10-24-2012, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
I agree with you. Just this week my order of the comic book boards arrived from Amazon. I am slowly beginning to wrap my fabric on them. I can already tell it will make a great difference. One day I hope to have all of my fabric together instead of all over my home. A girl can dream and sometimes, dreams will come true. Getting the boards and beginning was most of the battle!
How true, that is the beginning.....I sat two nights watching TV and just wrapping.....had a pile of 50 in no time.....so excited for sure and the space they save, as u can c.....mine at the top and the one link I posted, her room is amazing
Old 10-24-2012, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by audrey39 View Post
Could you please tell me when you order the comic book boards - what size do you order. I noticed on Amazon it said something about regular size comic books and I don't have a clue which is the best size to get for fabric. Thank you
The pic of what I posted is what I got from www.bcwsupplies.com and was a great price on sale....u can also call a couple comic book stores and ck to c what they charge so u do not have to wait and order them.......they came very quickly........also, u can go to dollar store and get their foam board they say and cut a few from one and make your own size, I did not want to bother with that.......mine measure 6 3/4 x 10 1/2, good size for sure, it is how u fold the material to go on them.......also here is a site u can go see her pics on folding and her two she made....it is alaskasunshine, here is her site.... http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...om-t43871.html
Old 10-24-2012, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Johnnalee View Post
I love them! Fabric is so easy to see and it is pretty. You can add a small tag with the amount of fabric too.
Great idea, in fact I put a piece of tape on and wrote it on the tape, I used that white tape????