Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
HA-15 Clone Feed dog adjustment, info sources >

HA-15 Clone Feed dog adjustment, info sources

HA-15 Clone Feed dog adjustment, info sources

Old 01-22-2013, 07:07 AM

Default HA-15 Clone Feed dog adjustment, info sources

OK, a couple days ago I bragged that my little blue clone was a keeper. Well I've run into a couple problems.

The first is the presser foot shaft spring is too soft. With the adjuster all the way down it's just barely adequate. That I can fix with a stronger spring.

The second is that it will not feed straight. It's not just a little off, it's off enough that I have to fight to keep the fabric from turning in an arch. I can't back tack because it actually changes the angle of the fabric making a different stitch line.
At first I thought it was because the presser foot was out of alignment with the feed dogs. So I aligned them. That has worked before with other machines, but not this time.
I tried several extra presser feet to see if that might make a difference, it didn't.

So, what I need is a few questions answered.

Is there a "how to" source for adjusting the feed dogs on clones?

When you look at the feed dogs from the side, should they be horizontal, or parallel to the needle plate?

I'll be working on this little - HA! machine as time permits. So any help or leads will be appreciated.

Joe
Old 01-22-2013, 07:40 AM

I've had to replace feed dogs that were chipped pretty badly and it made controlling the fabric harder. Check that.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:10 AM

Candace,

Will do.

Joe
Old 01-22-2013, 06:02 PM

Checked the feed dogs under magnification, didn't see anything wrong with them. No chips, no wear, no rust. Pulled the needle plate, cleaned underneath, nothing amiss that I could see. The feed dog screws appear to be untouched as well.
Using the magnifying hood I did some more adjusting. That seems to have helped a bit, but I've got to test sew with it some to see what happens.

Joe