Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Its on its way home!! >

Its on its way home!!

Its on its way home!!

Old 07-05-2013, 08:54 AM

Default Its on its way home!!

Cherry Pie sent me this gorgeous DWR to quilt for her. When I looked at the quilting pattern that came with the quilt, I balked!!!! I made the template and quilted one block!! Was not satisfied, so dug out the old seam ripper and took it all out. I just have not gotten the kind of control over my machine to do the intricate stuff yet!! So, I chose this pantograph from a group that a member here sent me. What do you think? Dd I mess it up? Or would you be proud to give this as a wedding gift for someone? That is what Cheri intends to do with it. She worked so hard on getting it done for them. I hope I didn't mess it up!!
Attached Thumbnails dscf0082.jpg   dscf0083.jpg   dscf0085.jpg  
Old 07-05-2013, 09:21 AM

Leesa, it is beautiful! I really like it. And I am sure that she will too. Great work!
Old 07-05-2013, 09:26 AM
Power Poster

​Beautiful top and quilting!
Old 07-05-2013, 09:26 AM

The quilting looks great and I would be very happy to gift a quilt like that. The quilting pattern mimics the gentle curves of the rings, but gives a bit more complexity than SID. Great job!

Darren
Old 07-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Power Poster

beautiful quilt and quilting!!!!
Old 07-05-2013, 09:46 AM

WOW Nothing messed up there WOW
Old 07-05-2013, 10:00 AM

Oh, beautiful! You did awesome!
Old 07-05-2013, 10:26 AM
Power Poster

As long as Cherry Pie knew that you would do a Panto instead of the custom design she asked for then you did not mess up. If you switched to a panto without checking first.... Not good business to do that. I have seen so many posts here about how a quilter felt the LAer ruined their quilt because what they got back wasn't at all what they expected nor asked for.

The panto you chose is pretty and looks nice, but if CP was expecting a different motif inside each ring, well think how you would feel. As long as she gave approval first you did not mess up.

Doesn't your machine have a computerized set up? There are digital designs out there made specifically for quilting DWR quilts. They are beautiful and only require you to line up the machine head properly for the computer to execute the design for you. That may be something to consider in the future.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
As long as Cherry Pie knew that you would do a Panto instead of the custom design she asked for then you did not mess up. If you switched to a panto without checking first.... Not good business to do that. I have seen so many posts here about how a quilter felt the LAer ruined their quilt because what they got back wasn't at all what they expected nor asked for.

The panto you chose is pretty and looks nice, but if CP was expecting a different motif inside each ring, well think how you would feel. As long as she gave approval first you did not mess up.

Doesn't your machine have a computerized set up? There are digital designs out there made specifically for quilting DWR quilts. They are beautiful and only require you to line up the machine head properly for the computer to execute the design for you. That may be something to consider in the future.
Yes, I did talk to her about it. She knows my limitations as a new quilter. I do not have a digital setup on my machine. It is strictly pantographs or free motion. I can trace a design on a top and then freehand it. But, my control is not that good yet. I haven't gotten to practice the detailed quilting as much as I would like to yet. But, I am getting there.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:14 AM
Power Poster

I think it's beautiful and since you talked to her then all is good. Friend of mine sent hers out to be quilted with some specifics on the quilting. Luckily, the LAer sent it back since they each strongly disagreed on the pattern. She found a local through the LQS and she was very happy.