Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
quilt retreats in Mn >

quilt retreats in Mn

quilt retreats in Mn

Old 07-31-2013, 07:00 AM

Cool quilt retreats in Mn

My friend and I are looking for a fun quilt retreat to go to in Mn. We go to one sponsored by Country Quilts, in Brainerd, every Fall, but the dates don't work for us this year. Any suggestions? I prefer one that's in the country, not in town, and one that has instructors and maybe some classes. Most of the retreats we've found on line have been retreat centers, where you can come on your own and sew. That doesn't work for us. I sew every day on my own.. so I'm looking for a nice place to have a vacation with my best friend. Thank you in advance, for your suggestions!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:18 AM

This coming week or weekend and week there is a quilt retreat up on Madeline Island.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:26 PM

I saw an ad for a retreat (or repeating retreats) at Country Caboose Quilts, 110 S Main St Wahkon, MN 56386
(218) 495-3658

It's on the south side of Mille Lacs.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:10 PM

I believe Firefly Quilt Shop (in Mankato) in sponsoring one in October but don't know the date. Go to their Website to learn more.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Aria View Post
My friend and I are looking for a fun quilt retreat to go to in Mn. We go to one sponsored by Country Quilts, in Brainerd, every Fall, but the dates don't work for us this year. Any suggestions? I prefer one that's in the country, not in town, and one that has instructors and maybe some classes. Most of the retreats we've found on line have been retreat centers, where you can come on your own and sew. That doesn't work for us. I sew every day on my own.. so I'm looking for a nice place to have a vacation with my best friend. Thank you in advance, for your suggestions!
I would love to host you and your friend in Lanesboro, MN. I teach many classes and you can pick out your class and we work out a time that will work for both of us. Please go to www.cherylsfabricgarden.com and click under classes. Please call me if you have any questions. Thanks, Cheryl
Old 05-20-2016, 01:06 PM

Aria, I am from Minnesota and the Lanesboro area is a very beautiful area of the state, and a very interesting area.