Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-14-2013, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
I have a question? Is there still someone out there that will be sending Internationally? If so, I would like to mail my package, at the same time they do. Hopefully with two boxes going out at the same time, the recipient won't be able to guess who their SS is!! I hope everyone is having fun packing their boxes!! I need to finish up making my handmade SURPRISE!! Hope she likes it!!
SulaBug, mine is going out tomorrow (Tuesday).
Old 10-14-2013, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Tothill View Post

My recipient has not posted here at all. I will just find some lovely things to send her.

I will not be posting my package until the deadline. I see that some are shipping soon, but sorry SS you will have to wait for yours. But that does give you time to give me some clues.
Mine hasn't posted since she signed up for SS...but I have a pretty nice package started for her anyhow.......
I won't wait to ship....want to make her sweat it out on the waiting to open! hehe...
Old 10-14-2013, 11:56 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
Santa Claus is a woman!

Santa Claus is a woman because:
  • The vast majorities of men don't even think about selecting gifts until Christmas Eve and only go for a last-minute shopping spree.
  • For a he-Santa, there would be no reindeer because they would all be dead, gutted and strapped on to the rear bumper of the sleigh.
  • Even if the male Santa did have reindeer, he would inevitably get lost up there in the snow and clouds and then refuse to stop and ask for directions.
  • For a Santa man, there would be unavoidable delays in the chimney, where the Bob Vila-like Santa would stop to inspect and repaint bricks in the flue.
  • He would also need to check for carbon monoxide fumes in every gas fireplace, and get under every Christmas tree that is crooked to straighten it to a perfectly upright 90-degree angle.
  • Men can't pack a bag.
  • Men would rather be dead than caught wearing red velvet.
  • Men would feel their masculinity is threatened...having to be seen with all those elves.
  • Men don't answer their mail.
  • Men would refuse to allow their physique to be described even in jest as anything remotely resembling a "bowlful of jelly."
  • Men aren't interested in stockings unless somebody's wearing them.
  • Having to do the 'Ho Ho Ho' thing would seriously inhibit their ability to pick up women.
  • Finally, being responsible for Christmas would require a commitment.
Hubby may have a beard but he sure can't be SANTA!!!
Old 10-14-2013, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
Dear SSR (secret santa recipient),

Do you like to read books? if so what kind of genre do you like?
Do you like quilting magazines? any particular ones? all ? none?
I love to read! I also love audio books. Since we have limited book space we make great use of our local library system. I have only one quilting magazine and would like more especially if they have helpful hints. I don't do westerns, l read Cussler, Rowlings, Herbert, Card, Braun, Fluke, Hoag, Laurens. I am doing at least one book a week. Could not get into 50 shades or The girl with the dragon tattoo. Love a good mystery or a fun fluff read.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by CookyIN View Post
SulaBug, mine is going out tomorrow (Tuesday).
Oh that's Wonderful. Thank you for letting me know. I will send mine out tomorrow too!! Now I need to hurry & get my box all wrapped up.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:42 PM

Dear SSR (secret santa recipient),

Do you like to read books? if so what kind of genre do you like?
Do you like quilting magazines? any particular ones? all ? none? I love to read, I love mysteries, am just starting to get into audio so I can quilt (going to invest in the Harry Potter series on CD after Christmas, I think), I like Rita Mae Brown, Earlene Fowler, Jennifer Chiaverini, for the non-mystery, and Agatha Christie, Margaret Truman, Steven Saylor, Lindsey Davis, Laurie R. King, but have all of those. I also have a love of true crime, esp Ann Rule, but don't have many. I'll read pretty much anything once, but that's what my general favorites are. As to quilting mags, I like them, but try not to collect too many. I have subscriptions to American Patchwork and Quilting, and am considering doing so for Quilty - I picked up an issue and there were several I liked.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
yeah Sulabug, you're in the upper 48! All the way up in the NW corner! You go any further & you won't be in the USA!

Hint for the day: I've had whales of fun in your state!
Cindy, you can tease me all you want, but I know that your package is going to Florida!! See, I have been paying attention to all of the clues!!
Old 10-14-2013, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by CookyIN View Post
I made the Kraft Fantasy Fudge recipe for years using marshmallow fluff. Unfortunately, the sizes on both the packages of chips and the fluff have changed -- smaller of course -- since the recipe was first published. Wasn't that in the 70s? Anyway, it doesn't turn out the way I remember it. Something isn't quite "right".

I may take a crack at making fudge the way my mom and her grandmother used to in the 40s. Mom said they always kibitzed back and forth on just the right method. Mom liked her fudge grainy while great-grandmother liked hers creamy. Wish I could have been there!
When they changed the recipe to baker's chocolate instead of chips it doesn't come out for me. I found the original on the internet and measure.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:49 PM

Dedemac, I see Fluke was on your list of favorite books. I have read every one of her books and enjoy reading the recipes she includes. Nice, clean, wholesome books are fun to read. I also have read all of the Braun books, having 2 Siamese cats of my own it makes it all the more fun. Joanna Carl also writes a nice mystery that is similar to Fluke's but instead of cookies her business is chocolate. Oh brother, I'm on here again writing about candy and cookies!

I have always wanted to read the quilt series books that so many rave about.

Jan
Old 10-14-2013, 01:45 PM

SS clue for the day: I went to your house on my Super Delux Broom and I saw your house and your street and your car and OH Yeah, I have been stalking you online toooooooooo!

I do so love Google Earth!