Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
I bearly missed out on a $10 Singer. >

I bearly missed out on a $10 Singer.

I bearly missed out on a $10 Singer.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:42 PM

Default I bearly missed out on a $10 Singer.

I decided I needed a "me" day so I went to a town an hour an half away. I live in the boondocks..so this store is a very cluttered second hand shop. I think the owner lives there...I'll tell ya why in a minute.

So I am casing the joint...WOW! that sounds bad...hehe and I see this very pretty sewing machine cabinet. I wish I would of taken a picture of it. I opened it up and see this lovely light blue machine and my heart started pounding. I couldn't get it lifted up so I took a picture of it with my smart phone from underneath..hehehe Love technology.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]437706[/ATTACH]

Then my heart sank because the face place was half broken off. But then I thought of all you and decided I would come here to see if it was fixable.

Then I found a picture frame I liked and asked the owner how much. He said I picked his favorite picture..it had over 100 bears in it. He said he could let it go for $50...I about fell over dead..LOL the print was not worth $20..I just wanted the frame...LOL then I asked about the sewing machine. The owner said he just sold the cabinet that morning, a Gal came in and said she just needed a cabinet because she just got her sewing machine out of hawk...he sold it for $10...bummer. The cabinet was worth that to me...hehehe I almost offered him $20 HAHAHAHAHAHA
Attached Thumbnails 107.jpg  
Old 09-23-2013, 02:53 PM

There, there dear. I know you are laughing just to keep from crying. We've all had that happen. Just keep looking, you'll find a great deal sooner or later.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:44 PM

that machine is a singer I have one just like it and bought one for my daughter for $25.00. Now all I gotta do is get her interested in sewing more. lol I got mine for $13.00 from someone who loaned a pair of jeans to a friend then sold it to me for the cost of the jeans. The friend that borrowed the jeans didn't want to pay me the $!3.00 to get the machine back and told me to keep it. That was about 37 years ago and I still have the machine and still use it from time to time. Best deal I ever made with a sewing machine.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:12 PM

I found a beautiful machine other day for $20....Visetti
Don't look like it was ever used, gears underneath like new, case has taken a little bit of abuse moving around. But I can't seem to found out anything about it, did see one picture but it was an 1946. Mine looks more 50's. I think Toyota made it